Friday, August 31, 2007

One more trip

We went yesterday to get what we thought would be the last load of stuff from the old place. Hah! We will have to make yet one more trip. I will be so glad when i can turn over the title and all and be done with that place. Now that we are moved out, it just seems even more nasty over there. At least, i don't have to live there anymore!

Of course, bringing that load yesterday meant another mess of boxes and stuff to unpack, put away, find homes for. The problem is, without a shed, we have to store so much more stuff inside now and it limits our space. I am hoping to get a shed somehow, soon. I thought I had one from a freecycler, but her hubby decided he wanted to keep it. Oh well. It would have been nice.

I called and left a message for the lady who coordinates the headstart out here. She hasn't called back yet. I hope she can get in somewhere, bc she loves school. Not to mention, with me being in school, it could be helpful in that, hopefully she goes in the afternoons and I will be able to drop her off, go to class, get out and pick her up.

Last night, we got the diagnoses on Jeremy's grandma's tests. She has CML (Chronic Milophibrosis Leukemia). Here, I will copy and paste the email bc it's easier than trying to retype it all, especially with my mind....
I went to see Dr. today to receive my diagnosis: CML (Chronic Milophibrosis Leukemia). This is not newly contracted, he thinks I have had this for a few years.
My iron is low. Dr. is having me get an endoscopy done to determine whether there is bleeding in my esophagus/stomach areas.
I have to have one more test done to pinpoint the specific leukemia. This is just a simple blood test. This will also help determine whether my spleen needs to be removed. A spleen is usually 10-12 centimeters; mine is 28 cm. With it being this size, it zaps my energy and it sits on my stomach, making me feel full after eating very little. The spleen is where the white blood cells are congregating. This is the test for the CML. I also have to have a CBC each week for 4 weeks. After this, Dr. will be able to give me a plan for treatment, which WILL NOT include radiation. He thinks we may just be able to treat this with a pill.
I go back to Dr. on October 1, 2007 at 11:30 AM. So I'll let you know then.

DAMN IT....THE ITALICS STUCK AGAIN! REmember last time i used them, i couldn't get them off? I am so mad. Anyway, ill just change the color of the email so you can tell where it ends. So....the prognosis sounds decent. I like that dr isn't expecting to resort to radiation and that he thinks a pill will treat it. Please pray that things go as well as the dr is expecting!

Well, Jeremy should be home from work soon, so i am going to finish my rounds on here before he wants to take over on the computer!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Hopefully treating her with a pill will be all she needs.

I love the a/c on those hot days too. If I don't have to go out, I don't. Which is bad, but ah, it feels good in here. ;)

I'm glad you are liking the new house better. :) I remember when we moved in here. We had no shed. Ugh! I feel for you Christina. When you get a chance, email me your new address. I'm still working on that box of stuff. :) Only it's in a laundry basket and I have to find a box! ;) he he