Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A gift from Above

I think our answers have been at least partially answered. My uncle called me yesterday and asked if we would be interested in moving. Huh? Well, his fiancee has moved in with him and she owns a mobile home in a different park that she is paying a trailer payment and lot rent on. So, she offered to give us, yes give us, her trailer. she will finish paying it off. All we have to do is pay lot rent. The rent is only 29.00 more than we are paying now. The park is nicer, the school district is great and it's only2 miles from my parents, my uncle and the expressway. My cousin lives in the same park and will be across the street from me. Plus, i have another cousin who lives in a different section of the park. We decided to go ahead. We are going to sign our trailer over to the park to settle our balance (they would really be coming out ahead, but oh well). This new trailer has new windows and central air! Woohoo! The down side is there isn't a shed. We really need a shed. But, for now, we will make it work and i may see i can find a shed on freecycle. I've seen them listed on there before. Everyone say a prayer that this all works out.

I talked to the headstart coordinator and makenneh is set to go to headstart in the afternoon. That would work great with my school schedule. She is also going to give me the brief orientation when she comes to drop off her packet tues. Of course, all of this will probably be irrelevant bc of the move. But i am going to go ahead with it just to have it covered. When maureen gets here, i will ask her about switching school districts and go from there. I am not sure if the new district offers headstart or not, but if they do, she will have bussing and that is a plus.

I will be calling within the next couple of days to have all of our service transferred to our new address. Hopefully i don't have to go without net...although with moving, i prob won't have time for much internet anyway.

ill keep you all posted with updates as i find out things.

Also, i may be able to borrow the money to fix my car. Pray that that works out for us as well bc with the move, we definitely need a car for him to get to and from work. He will be asking his buddy if he will pick him up at the gas station by the expressway so they can continue carpooling. Hopefully that will work out!

anyway, gonna go. im so excited and just hopefull that this will all work out! God truly is good. I have had tears of joy...yep, im tearing up now.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Good luck Christina! :)

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Isn't head start a government program? It is here. It's not run by the school district, but by the state.