Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mini girls day out

Last night i was talking to my cousin and she asked if i wanted to go with them for her sister's final wedding dress fitting. Seems how she bought the dress down near Detroit, we usually make an all day trip of it when we have to go down. So, i decided to go, figuring i could use the time out of the house, interacting with other adults. So, I went. It was me, my cousin Shannon (the bride to be), her sister (and also my cousin) Rachel, our cousin Ashley who is a bridesmaid and then my aunt Kathy, rachel and shannon's mom. This is like an hour and 15 min drive. We get almost there, only to have shannon realize she had forgotten her bra and shoes for the fitting. So, she calls the dress shop and she said that we could go to a store and buy another bra and then try to find a shoe with same heel. The problem being that then final touches are made with guesstimates. So, shannon opted to set up another date for the final fitting. So as not to waste a trip. we exited and ate at a coney island. Then, we headed closer to home and stopped at a walmart. It was nice to get out, get a few things we needed and not have men or children hounding us (ok, with cell phones, can't really avoid either of those things...). We laughed and had a good time. Afterward, we went to shannon's house to see it, as it's new and they are just now moving in. Then, headed home in time to make a later than usual dinner and it is now 1am and Makenneh is just laying down. She has refused to go to sleep. I am tired..and quite ready for bed myself.

So, im off tonight..without any cute or funny stories to share...but Julie, i was probably down near your area today!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I live off of M-59. So if you're every cruising by there, yes, you are close to me. :)

I would love a girls day out. I'm hoping to get together with my girlfriend from high school after the kids go back to school. :)