Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Maybe it's not so bad....

Well, tonight is our first night at the new place. Still a lot of unpacking and putting away and arranging and all that to do! But for the most part, everything is in here. There are a few small things yet at the old place that we will probably get tomorrow. Now that it is starting to look more like a home, i am feeling better about the whole move.

Helen asked about pictures. I need to dig out my camera and i will take some pics. I will tell ya now that it's nothing fancy...but better than the place we were living.

Makenneh may not be able to go to school this year. I am a bit sad about that. The school district we are in now is full as far as headstart but the headstart coordinator is going to check on some things and call me tomorrow. Hopefully we have some other options bc i can't imagine her not going to school. She will be so disappointed. We now live on the border of 3 school districts, so hopefully one of the other two have some openings and I could drive her to my mom's or uncles (both within 2 miles of my place) to catch the bus.

Well, it's late and I should be doing something constructive around here to get us unpacked and settled. just wanted to post that we are moved and up and running!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina, if Makenneh is asking for a sandwich at 10:30 and actually ate a reasonable breakfast, she may be feeling anxious about your move. Find a favorite book, blow off getting more put away for this moment and read to her. Hopefully if will be something Sebastian will want to look at the pictures of!!! Check the George Carlin email and remember to enjoy those fleeting times. Love you