Saturday, August 25, 2007

heat, humidity and storms

This move couldn't have come at a better time. It has been sooo darn hot and humid that the air is almost hard to breathe. I have enjoyed my central air, lemme tell ya! It has also rained every day for the past week...with some of those days being all out thunderstorms, complete with tornado warnings.

Tomorrow is my cousin's bridal shower. My sister and I went in on her gift...we got a laundry basket and filled it with cleaners, scrub brush, laundry soap, all those good things. She and her fiance have bought a house recently and it's an old one, which needs repairs...but they just had to have it...bc it has a lot of land (10 acres) and the house is cute and has a lot of potential. So, we figured all the cleaning supplies would be helpful. Not to mention, even if you get duplicates, you can always use them. We also did a gift bag with cute stuff, a picture frame with the double hearts (that's her theme), some wedding scrapbook supplies and that's all i can think of. Then, I had put together a "household tips" booklet that we are including. This will be their first time out on their own. They have lived with my aunt and uncle (still do until they get the house finished). So, it's fun to do shopping for someone like that...bc they don't already have a home set up.

Jeremy got his Xbox 360 back today. It had the "red ring of death"...a manufacturer defect that has caused a lot of xboxes to quit. We didn't expect to get it back so soon, but they ended up just replacing it rather than repairing it. He was like a kid at christmas when he got that thing back. To be honest, i kinda wish it would've taken a bit longer, bc im more apt to get more help out of him without the game. Oh well. He didn't play too long tonight, so i was happy with that.

Well, I did manage to get a few more boxes unpacked tonight. It has been so hard to get anything done with these kids. When i am alone with them during the day, i can't take my eyes off Sebastian. He has just been in destruction mode lately. He gets into all of it. He even had to draw on the darn wall tonight. He doesn't quit. This child is surely going to be the death of me. Hopefully this phase doesn't last too long. I may be bald soon otherwise.

We have been cracking down on bedtimes, eating at the table, following rules, all that jazz. Hopefully it won't take long to get them back on track. This is what i get for being so laid back. I picked my battles and just didn't pick enough to fight...i didn't have the mental energy to fight any battles, really. I still don't, really, but now, i have monsters that need to be straightened up before they are really really big monsters. So, time to tighten up and lay down the law.

Well, im off here...i think i may be ready to crash. I hate it, bc i go gung ho all darn day and by the time night comes, the kids have gone to bed, i don't want to sleep, bc it's my only peace and quiet. So, i stay up to enjoy said peace and quiet. Then, im up too late and dread morning. Vicious circle, i tell ya! I think i really just love night time best!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

The storms were awful! And we (you, me, our families) in these darn mobile homes! I feel like a sitting duck sometimes! Some of those homes were just sucked right up on the news!

I hope cracking down on the kids is working. It is a lot of work, but so worth it in the end. So keep at it. :)

The other me said...

moving house is the BEST time to crack down on rules, we definitely said " in THIS house we always sit at the table" and we do, even snacks are at the table and that will stick when we move again. It's just a case of sticking with it and not thinking that once won't hurt. SO glad you have the air, heaven after being so hot in the old place.

Ranni said...

My mom asked if we'd gotten much rain (I live in NW Iowa). Told her we had, along the lines of Ark building rain, lol. I've found that toothpaste removes crayon from paint. :)