Friday, August 10, 2007

Books

I got my books for college yesterday! I was so excited! I was able to get all 4 books used, so that saves a lot of money. The total for 4 books was 297.62. And that's cheap! LOL. Well, and add into that total that i got a pack of ink pens (2.69) and a pack of pencils (.99). I looked at book bags there, bc if i got it from the bookstore, i could use my grant money rather than money out of my pocket. But dang, the cheapest one they have is 28.00 and it isn't big enough for much of anything. And none of them tickled my fancy. Ok, one did, but it was one of the ones that weren't big enough. So, i decided to just use the one my mom has. It is older than dirt but still in very good condition. There is plenty of room for books, notebooks, binders, etc and it has a lot of organizational pockets, zippers, etc. Mom used this bag when she went to college (which was back in the early 90's). I used it in high school and then when i went to college the first time. I don't remember what brand it is, but it is definitely a good quality. Of course, they probably don't make them anymore. lol.

I'm already having to start juggling the whole going back to school with Makenneh being in school. I got the letter from her headstart yesterday and her orientation is Sept 5 at 1:30. My very first class is actually that same day...at 1pm. And someone HAS to attend the orientation. Jeremy will be at work...my mom doesn't have a car during the day, so i have to figure something out. They did say at the bottom of the letter that if that time doesn't work to call bc there is an alternate orientation. So, im going to call on that and hope that it is at a time in which i can attend. If nobody attends this orientation, the child may be moved to the waiting list. UGh! So why do they set it up for during the day? silly if you ask me.

And I woke up this morning, went to use the house phone to call my mom before getting online and i had no dial tone. I checked all the cords, made sure everything was plugged in and tight...still nothing. I happened to glance at the phone..the part you hold to your ear...and the thingy you use to hang the phone up with is broken. This is just a basic phone...the speaker part (part you hold to ear) has the numbers for dialing, the receiver to hang phone up, everything. So the base to this phone is just that...a base. (this is a corded phone btw). So, somehow, my phone was broken last night. I have 2 of the teenagers at my house, so i don' t know if they did it (it wouldn't have been on purpose, but still) or if one of my kids did. So, now, i have play with the receiver to make calls and to get online. I'M NOT HAPPY. I can't afford to buy a new phone right now, no matter how darn cheap they are. WHen the girls get up, im going to ask them. I guess it is true that you can't really have anything til ur kids move out. LOL. It's not really a laughing matter. I was doing one of those surveys on myspace once and you could only use one word to answer each question. One was simply put....your favorite thing? My very first instinct was to put, BROKEN. Bc it seems that everything gets broken. I don't have a favorite thing, per se, but if i did, it is a good bet that it's broken.

Well, the boy child is standing at the door, ready to escape, so im going to get off here...my yard is trashed, my house is trashed, and im certain i should be doing something besides sitting here at the computer. I need to get it all done bc it's a busy weekend....going out for drinks with sis tonight. I can't wait. IN a way. In another way, im in one of those moods where i don't want to be around a bunch of ppl in social settings. But, i am ready for a night out as an adult. We will just go to a small local bar..i don't do clubs. bleh. too many ppl. too little clothes...lol.

ok, im off, seb is out the door!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Very exciting about school! We still have to get Amanda's books. Guess who gets to pay for those? Ugh!

I hope they find a time that will work for you for an orientation. Will she go longer this year? Good luck!! :)

Yes, kids break stuff. It's frustrating. Big kids break stuff too. :(