Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Busy busy

I was woke up to my mom calling my cell phone. She and my aunt were coming to pick us up so i could go to my aunts to do the games and such for my cousin's bridal shower and work on her wedding invites. I was unaware of said plans..well, i take that back. I knew we had to do it (her shower is the 25th, wedding sept 22. ) I was really just unaware that today was the day. So, i had to rush around to get us all ready to go. It took a good portion of the day to do all that typing and printing. But, it's mostly done. The invites have to wait for Shannon's final approval, bc, God love her, she can be bridezilla. LOL.

So, didn't get much packing done today. Plan to work on it tonight and tomorrow. Mom kept Makenneh tonight and she is coming to get Seb in the am. That will speed the process up. But, tonight, seb was a big help. He can actually be more helpful than Makenneh.

I am low on boxes thought, too and must wait until either my cousin or dad get more for me. Hopefully tomorrow.

Oh and to answer some of Julie's questions...She has almost all of her stuff out. the only things left in there is boxes of paperwork and odds and ends. So, the small surely has to come from the floors. UGh. I so hope that we can get the smell out! My sis said i can use her steam cleaner to do the carpet that is still in there. Then, mom has some ideas of things to try on the floors to help rid the smell. I don't even care for dogs, so it just makes it that much worse!

Well, off to more packing! Of course, my monthly curse has come to visit and has brought a migraine along with it. Perfect timing i figure!

4 comments:

The other me said...

I missed all this! WHOOHOO! The new place sounds much better for you all. Don't even ask me about packing and unpacking and cleaning and all that jazz....I HATE IT ALL! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Christina, I am so happy for you. I hope that you are able to get the dog smell out. How many bedrooms does the place have. It is so great that you guys are getting this opportunity-and to live so close to your mom-how great is that! Keep us updated! Will your phone number stay the same? If not make sure you email all that info to me!

Julie Q said...

I hope you can get the smell out. We have a dog and it doesn't smell like dog in here. :)

I'm glad you have some help. Even if it's a toddler. It's funny, my boy is always more willing to help out than my girls. Of my older kids that is. Zachary, nope! :(

Anonymous said...

Christina, just for a kick, if you have accesss to a lemon, split it open, (leaving the peel connected - sort of hinged). Scoop out most of the innards, lay the peel, flattened out on your forehead, wrap a scarf or bandanna around your head to hold lemon rind in place. This may stop your headache in its tracks, probably within an hour. Doesn't work for everyone, but surely worth a try!!