Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moving

I have to start by saying, Helen, How in the world do you do this moving business with 3 little ones? I have only just begun and already want to pull my hair out. They don't let me get anything done. I feel like im moving backward. And here it is almost 1230am and Makenneh is still up. She fell asleep on the way home from my moms and i guess she is ready to go now. Not cool. I got most of the junk cupboards packed up from under the sink and then the knick knacks but still so much to do and i am whipped. I think im going to clean up the aftermath and call it a night.

We were able to go see the new place tonight. It isn't anything special, but it's better then what and where we are living right now. It does smell of dog, bc she had 2 dogs in there...so we have to get that smell out of there...any suggestions are welcomed. The carpet is pulled up from the living room so my uncle has some carpet we can get, thankfully. No money to get anything like that, for sure. THere is new windows throughout and it has central air. So i am happy for those two things. oH and an open floor plan! woohoo! so much better.

well, makenneh is being a brat, wanting to get into the crayons and markers to play artist at this hour so i have to go!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Is her furniture still in there and is she taking it out? That might have the dog smell on it.

I'd scrub the floors as wet dog smell can stick anywhere! We keep Charlie trimmed short and clean to keep that smell out of here. And use a nice smelling cleaner. I love lemon. My Mom hates it. ;)

A last resort, Febreeze. It really does work well.

I wouldn't Frebreeze without cleaning though.

I moved twice with little kids. They had a routine of bedtime and such though, so they were never up at midnight unless something came up.

Have you tried to get them to help? Get them excited about moving to the new place? Might be hard with Seb, he is young, but Makenneh can surely help.

Anyway, just suggestions. :) I take it this is really going to happen? :)