Friday, August 03, 2007

Yeah, im still here

I haven't had anything interesting to say. So, i've said nothing. Still really isn't anything to say, but thought I would at least say something to let everyone know i haven't disappeared. The weather has been hot and muggy so we have been staying in where it's cool. Of course, the kids don't seem to mind the heat and humidity. If they had their way, they would be outside all day. But, momma can't hang out in that heat like they can. I get sick to my stomach. So we go out for a lil bit at a time, coming in to cool off for a bit.

The weekend is almost here. No plans, just staying home. Well, i usually go to my parents' house one of the days, but that's it.

Oh i do have a funny story to share. So, i called one day last week to get a house phone turned on. I then called aol to set up internet. Well, they said i had to have a disc to install their program. Now, normally there are aol discs everyone, getting them in the mail all the time, at the checkout lanes in the stores, etc. Well, wouldn't you know that i could not find a disc anywhere. I hadn't recalled receiving any in the mail recently and of course, if i had, i would have tossed them. So, i called several family members in search, bc someone just had to have a disc laying around, right? Wrong. I call aol back, tell them i cannot find a disc, they told me, for about the 3rd time that the discs are available at walmart, blockbuster, etc etc. So, i had my mom check at walmart. Guy said that they were out. I had my aunt check at blockbuster, they were out. I called kroger, they were out. Grrr. I call aol back. This is like day 3 of having an internet account with no way to use it. I was so frustrated. So i tell aol that i have been to all these stores and nobody has any so just cancel my account. So, account canceled. I figured i would wait to get a disc to set up an account rather than pay for a service i can't even use. The next day, i go with mom and had her stop at kmart....they only had netzero discs....so i grabbed one. Came home, jeremy set it up for us. So, we ended up with netzero. Then, yesterday, i had my aunt run to me to store, she brings me a disc her sister had found while moving (aol). That same day, i check mail, there is an aol disc in there. Then today my cousin called and he has a disc now. Wouldn't it just figure? I still might switch to aol. not sure. but i lose connection all the time with netzero.

Anyway, thats all i have for now. its real late and im real tired....

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I think it is just dial up, not the service making you lose your connection. We had aol for years and got booted off all the time! There is usually an option to tell it to not let calls come through if someone tries to call while you are online.

That is funny about the disks.

And I've been thinking about you with this heat! It's just awful!