Sunday, March 16, 2008

And another night

I guess it's really because we are so darn unorganized about the whole thing (could it be dread?). But, we weren't very productive today at all. We did get a couple car loads of stuff to my parents and even got the bedroom we will be staying in organized (mom is a pack rat). But, we stayed another night here at our place. It should be our last night, but who knows. I have school tomorrow, as my spring break comes to an end tonight. So, I won't be able to do much at all.

I told my mom about Jeremy's job. She didn't make the comment I dreaded she would. She didn't really say much of anything, which is probably a good thing. I didn't give her much opportunity, because I was able to tell her that I honestly feel that this happened for a reason and that better things are up ahead. I squashed any of her possible negativity before it began.

My mom is a hard one to explain. She is a great person, but she tends to get wrapped up in negativity. She always assumes the worst (of people, situations, life in general) and she tends to narrow in on the negatives. I have also noticed that as she gets older, she has become more judgmental and more vocal about her (often misguided) opinions. Sometimes, it gets to be too much and I have learned to let her know when it gets to that point. For a time, us 3 kids (her kids) didn't like to be around her too long because it was a huge depressor. Then I realized it was only fair if I told her why. And now, I will remind her when she starts to get carried away thinking the worst. She wasn't always this way, and part of proof should be the fact that she has raised 3 kids who are nothing like that. We are all more optimistic, easy going, laid back. If my dad were to lose his job (heck, even when he gets laid off) she freaks right out and starts instantly fretting over how bills will get paid and "gee, he will probably be off for a long time and how will we ever make it..." She did that this last time. "Yeah, they told him it would probably only be a couple weeks, but we know that could turn into months..." She called within days to get their cell phones shut off and was just constantly fretting. And what do you know? He was called back after 2 weeks.

Well, my family is peacefully crashed on the mattress we put down in the living room. It's rather cute. I was even laying down there, until the phone rang. I need to get back to getting things done around here or we will never be out of here. I put in for the gas and electric to be shut off on the 20th, so we have to be out by then. I need to call tomorrow to have the phone shut off.

Til next time, take care!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Still there? I just wanted you to know I will be keeping your family in my thoughts Christina.