Monday, March 10, 2008

Some good news

Or at least some hope. I just got off the phone with the college. He told me to bring in the letter and any proof of last semester's grades and whatnot. Well, it just so happens that I was mailed a current transcript with the scholarship info, so I will take that. He said if i can come in today, the office isn't busy. I'm hoping my mom gets home from work soon, so that she can sit here with Sebastian and get Makenneh off the bus. I don't want to ask Sebastian to sit still too long at the Financial Aid office. That may be pressing my luck.

I hope that the whole denial was an oversight of the semester I just completed in the fall and that they will award me my loan.

I need to get to the post office to mail Helen her throat spray and I need to go pay my energy bill. I was already out once, because Makenneh missed the bus. Totally my fault. I had a brain fart, if you will. I was thinking the bus came closer to 11:50...when I know darned well it comes around 1140. OH well. I drove her to school. Then, I went to the grocery store that is near her school because I received a coupon for a gallon of milk, ten pounds of potatoes, 1/2 gallon of ice cream and 2 pounds of ground chuck - all for FREE. So, I wanted to use the coupon. That's a good deal. And all things we can certainly use. But, that was in the opposite direction of everything else I need to do. And now, that I am back home, I feel tired. I just want to go to sleep. I don't have much time to do anything right now because Makenneh will be off the bus in about an hour and a half. I don't want to push the clock and risk missing her getting off the bus.

The sun is shining bright and it has the feel of spring. I know not to get too used to it, bc it certainly could snow like madness any day. But, i would be happy if the weather continued to warm up from here on out. I am over winter.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Oh now now, have you seen Thursday's forecast? :) Rain I'm sure, but nearing 50*!

I forgot I hadn't set the clock in my red van today! I would have been late to pick up A if I hadn't realized it! Oh this time change is driving me nuts this year!

Leigh Ann said...

Yay for good news!