Friday, July 21, 2006

Just an update

Well, we had a good time at my parents' for dad's bday. Mom made homemade banana cake with homemade banana frosting that was absolutely divine! I refused to bring a piece home for Jeremy, knowing it would never last for him to get a bite...lol.

Dad loved the power washer we all pitched in and got for him. He had to get it right out and start playing with it. I must admit, it is pretty neat. I wouldn't mind one myself. So many things you can do with it, you know, kids and candy...lol, jk.

It's much cooler today....only 80 degrees for a high. And there is a beautiful breeze. And the best part is, i don't have to be to work until 5:30. Of course, I came home to a message on my machine from Kroger, wanting me to come in at 3. But I shall ignore it. I did try calling them back but it was busy several times, so i give up. Im kinda torn though bc it would be a couple hours of overtime. But, at the same time, if i wait and go in at my regularly scheduled time, I get to see Jeremy for about an hour before I go in. And the kids are already at the sitters, so I would have a bit of time with just the two of us. I can't recall the last time that has happened. More often than not, lately, we have had extra kids here, bc my cousin babysits and then other cousins want to stay too. So it will be nice. MOney really isn't everything, right? Speaking of money..i cashed my check and by the time i paid the phone bill, the babysitter, bought us lunch, put gas in the car...i am left with a whopping 20.00...9.00 of which i spent at a garage sale on Disney movies..but get this: I got The Little Mermaid (which I have been wanting forever now), 101 Dalmations (which Makenneh saw advertised and wanted) and Bambi....all for 2.00 a piece! I am soo excited! The Little Mermaid was the first movie i saw at the theater. I went with my friend and her family and I loved the movie. Now, i own it and my kids can watch it! They had many more there, but i had to stop myself. I do need money to get me through the week with.

Well my uncle found out that he doesn't have MS, but has a form of luekemia and sleep apnea. So, for 6 yrs he has been treated for something he doesn't have and not treated for what he does have. Hopefully now he will start feeling better.

No comments: