Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thanks Julie

Julie, Thanks for directing me to the pics you took at the zoo! They are soo cool! I can't wait. I have been there, but it was when i was a kid...so i don't remember. My brother was saying that their polar bear exhibit is the largest (or something) in the world??? At any rate, I know we will have fun! I do have a question actually. My dad was able to get 5 tix. It would be my mom, dad, me and my 2 kids for sure. But what i was wondering is if the baby would be free (he is 15 months old), giving an extra ticket for my hubby to go.

Anyway, nothing special to post about today.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Under 2 is free. :) Here is there web site. http://www.detroitzoo.org/

The polar bear exibit is wonderful. You walk through a tunnel and they are swimming above you (like in the picture). Sometimes the sea lions are swimming in there, but they can't swim together. I'm pretty sure one will eat the other. ;)

Like I said, you can bring snacks. They also sell stuff at little stands like dippen dots (about $4 a person) and italian ice, etc. Nothing is cheap there. We have always packed a lunch and brought it. There are benches all over you can sit on and eat if you want. Or just rest your feet. :) There is a play ground there for the kids to play on too.

Oh and this year, there is a new display. Some sort of way to walk with the kangaroos. I want to go see it so bad! But relatives keep threatening to come down and wanting to go to the zoo, so we wait. For now. ;) Oh and parking is $5 or $10 per car too. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Sorry to go on. We go just about every year. It is different everytime we go. I hope it is not a really warm day for you. The animals are a little more active when it is a little cooler out. :)

Have fun! :)