Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hmmmm

Well, we went yesterday afternoon to look at a modular home/manufactured home, whatever they are called. We decided to check this route out, as we want/need to move now! The community we are looking in allows you to lease with option to buy. When you decide to buy, half of the rent you have paid goes towards the down payment to buy it. So, it's not totally throwing your money away. Not to mention, this will give us the chance to really find out if we can afford a house payment, as the rent is as much as a house payment would be, but without the commitment of a 30 yr mortgage. We looked at 3 homes yesterday. The first one I don't want. It is just too small. And funny thing, it is set up exactly like my aunt kathy's was when she had one. The 2nd one we looked at was nice. But the 3rd one we looked at was the best. The master bath has a garden tub and is decent sized whereas in the other 2, the master bath/bed weren't that big, nothing special. The kitchen is awesome with tons of cupboard and counter space! That's a big seller for me. Also, the closets are huge! i can use all the storage i can get. They come with fresh, clean, new carpet, new paint, new appliances, dishwasher, garbage disposal, new washer and dryer. I mean, you can't really go wrong. The downside is we wont be able to take any kitties with us. But, then again, that is a plus too! I won't have to change litter boxes, chase them off the table/counter, etc. So, i guess it's actually a good thing. The community has 2 parks for the kids, a track for walking, community clubhouse and i don't know what all else! I suppose I could look it up in the folder they gave us. Basketball courts, planned activities, curbside rubbish removal....And spacious lots. IT really is a nice community. Now , we just have to hope our application goes through. The plus to that is the app fee is waived right now bc they have move in specials. The deposit is only 99.00 too. So that's not bad. Keep ur fingers crossed that we get in. Then, i can relax, enjoy my home and have pride in something that isn't falling apart, dark, dirty and dingy! I am sure i will feel much better mentally.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Good luck Christina! :) Bummer on losing the cats. All of them that is. I truly love my Kitty. I never knew I'd love a cat either.

The other me said...

WOW I SO hope you get it, it sounds great. GOOD LUCK!