Sunday, September 17, 2006

spending money

I had a busy weekend. Saturday we all went shopping. This is definitely blogworthy, as Jeremy hates to shop and especially at the mall, which is where i had to go. And get this: He dealt with kids while I was able to shop, hands free/hassle free! it was so nice. The only thing better than that would have been if i went alone! I got 2 pair of Jeans and two bras. Not cheap Kmart bras...but nice fancy, 30.00 a piece bras. Of course, they were on sale,which sweetens the deal.

Then Saturday evening, I went to my cousin's wedding reception. Jeremy stayed home with the kids. I didn't plan on being there very long, but that turned into like 5 hours or so! I was having a good time! My dad was drinking beer (which he doesn't do often) and got pretty drunk. Not bad drunk, happy, delightful drunk. He spent the evening on the dance floor, forgetting he is over 40 with a bad back and knees! Oh, maybe the alcohol caused the forgetfulness! At any rate, he went out and danced to songs that us younger ppl listen to...That's when i knew he was drunk. LOL. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera, so this was not photographed by me. Im sure someone has pics and as soon as I see some, i will try to get em posted.

Oh, on saturday, we also stopped at a Verizon store...but the wait was long and the kids weren't having it. We are thinking about getting cell phones. Can you believe we don't have one? Not a one!

I guess I should explain myself too! We haven't won the lottery or anything..lol. We just made a decisioin to fix this place up, brighten it up and stay here for a year to save up. The rent here is 230.00 a month bc we only have to pay lot rent, we own the trailer. So, this way,we can save up and straighten our credit up and then get a home loan at a much better rate than we can right now. We got a personal loan and paid off both credit cards, caught up our bills and are starting basically new!

The exciting part is I get to pick out carpet and paint and all that fun stuff. We are redoing all the floors in here, except bedrooms. The kids' room got new carpet 3 yrs ago and ours, well, nobody is ever in there but us, to sleep, so who really cares. most of the time, you can't see the damn floor i nthere anyway..its the store all room! Oh and iM gonna get new window treatments too! And a new (or at least, newer to me) washer and dryer and living room furniture! I can't wait. It's all gonna be started this week!

Today the kids and I went to my parents' and we all had a big brunch. My sis, her fiance and step son were all there as well. It was nice. When i got home, Jeremy had been cleaning! It looks so much better in here! If I had known he was cleaning, I woulda stayed gone longer..hehehe! OH and speaking of cleaning, I got a new vacuum! It's bagless. I love it! Our old one died and we were having to borrow my brothers. So, with this personal loan, we went and got one.

Ok, well matt's gf just called. We are going to look at the furniture we are buying from her friend's mom. DOes that make much sense? Sara's friend's mom is selling her living room set. We are buying it! LOL. maybe that's easier to understand. Anyway, we are going to look at it and pay her for it! So, im off here!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

WOW!! You have been busy! And you sound so happy. Of course with shopping comes happiness. ;)

I think it is a great idea. And so worth it if your rent is that cheap. Ours is twice as much plus a house payment. Ugh!

We depend on our cell phones for so much! If you don't think you are going to use it a lot, I recommend a tracfone. Not that you asked, but there is no contract and you control the cost that way. Our first cell phones were tracfones. We have cingular now. :) Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck! I only mention the tracfones because I wish we had stuck with them. They are cheaper if you don't talk on them too much.

I hope you are all feeling better.

LosingSanity said...

We thought about the tracfone...or any prepaid one, but the problem is, when anyone can't get ahold of me, they would be blowing up my cell, using up my mins. So, if i get a reg. cell, i will have so many mins per month and it will work much better. I just know I would use the phone too much for pre paid!

Sofia Britts said...

You really had a blast there. I say it's quite a good strategy to get a short-term loan to pay the credit card bills, and be able to come up with a solid budgeting plan to pay it off. Now that's good financing. So, were you able to get the home loan?