Friday, September 08, 2006

Monday it is....

Monday, my life will change. Makenneh will start headstart! I have such mixed feelings. Mostly I am so excited! She has some new clothes, new backpack and Im getting her new shoes. Going to the orientation, seeing the classroom, the toys, meeting the teacher and teacher's aid, hearing all they had to say...I am sure she will have fun! But my baby girl is growing up! She is spreading her wings and can't i just keep her little? Why does she have to grow up?

Then I was reading JulieQ's blog about her youngest starting school this year and it just makes me feel sad. I'm sure I will at very least have to fight back tears, if they don't end up spilling over. I just hope I can contain myself til i get back out to the car after dropping her off. I have to adjust my work schedule starting Monday...bc I will have to be home by 4pm each day to get her to school on time, as she is in the evening class and we have to provide transportation. Hopefully my job continues to be flexible and understanding, as I had to leave early yesterday to go to a meeting with the teacher, I have to miss today to take care of some business and then starting monday, i hav eto leave early each day. Im sure it will be fine though, as they understand we have family and family has to come first.

Well, im off here to see if i can access the walmart associate page online from home to change my availability.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Evening headstart? That is different. I hope Walmart is understanding with the hour changing. Retail is usually flexable that way. I hope Makenneh is looking forward to it.

When my oldest went to preschool, she was ready! I just couldn't be sad because she was so happy! :)

And yes, my baby, when he's not sick, he's at school every afternoon now. It might hit me hard next year. When he goes all day. I just might be one sad Mommy then.