Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween is all over

Well, we took the kids out trick or treating. Sebastian was dressed as a cute lil leopard and Makenneh was a cowgirl, complete with a pony to ride. We didn't go many places bc both kids are sick already and it was pretty cold. They got a sufficient amount of candy and had a good time. Seb fell asleep on the way home and Makenneh is still up. She had fell asleep a couple times along the way btwn stops (we decided to mainly go to family, which was mostly driving from one to the other.) I fear she may be up for a while. I am ready to go to sleep.

I didn't take pictures. I know, bad mommy! But, the batteries were dead in my camera and like a dumb ass, i didn't put them in the charger soon enough. My aunt took a couple pics and we got one with my mother in law's digital. I may have her come over so we can load that in my computer to share. I feel guilty for being so unprepared....that's just how ive been lately.

And the highlight of the night just came: Makenneh said, "mommy, thank you for getting me candy." I said, but you got it yourself by saying trick or treat. and she simply and sincerely said, "thank you mommy." those are the moments to hang on to. All the fit throwing and whining has been erased from memory! What a kid!!!!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Very sweet. It is hard to remember those moments when they are pushing our buttons isn't it?

I hope they feel better soon Christina. Oh that time of year when the germs are a plenty!

We have a sunny day here! :) Chilly, but sunny, I will take it!