Thursday, October 26, 2006

My last day off

Well, today is my last day off. I had three days off in a row. They actually were kinda horrible, to be honest. I have been stressed, the kids have been monsters. I long for a day to myself. No work, no kids.

I'll enlighten you on Sebastian's busy body ways. This morning, he is sitting on the floor near me and i hear crunching. What the hell could he possibly be eating that is that crunchy? How about a small Christmas light sized light bulb? Yep. my mom bought a couple small plastic pumpkin decorations that have a small christmas light bulb in them. He opened the pumpkin (don't ask how) and crunched down on the light bulb....while it was hooked to battery!!! I really have no idea what possesses him to do such crazy things. He is always eating non-food items, his favorite being napkins, toilet paper, things of that nature. The boy doesn't stop.

So, anyway, if anybody is willing to take in a couple extra kids for a day, please let me know. I will surely consider all offers. LOL.

Oh and another stunt he pulled - Makenneh had a glass of chocolate milk that she left out in the kitchen. This is where she is supposed to leave it as I don't want it spilled on the new carpet! Well, Sebastian decided to snatch her drink up, bring it in the living room and you guessed it! I have chocoloate milk stains on my new carpet. I give up. yesterday these kids had me near tears. last night i told jeremy i wish i would just have a nervous breakdown and get it over with. I feel like im constantly fighting to stay one step above that breakdown and I am just sick of the struggle. I suck as a parent, I suck as a housewife. My kids are wild and crazy and misbehaved. My home is trashed, full of junk piles, boxes (from when we were so sure we would get to move), clothes piled everywhere (bc we could really use another dresser around here, but no room really for one). I just get sick of all the clutter and mess. And the last few days has made me sick of all the demands from little ones. It seems like every time i try to sit down and relax, Makenneh needs something...get me this, do that...or Sebastian is getting into something. It really never fails. Just one day I don't want to hear "mmmooommm!" just one. I am sure some of you are reading this and gasping in horror. But, the truth is, we probably all have these days, it's just taboo to talk about them. parenting is all cutesy and lovley and full of sweetness! That's what we are supposed to say. Well, Im here to tell any of you without kids that that is far from the big picture. Sure, right now, Sebastian is being cute as ever...he is climbing all over me, tickling me and laughing his deep belly laugh when I tickle back. But have no fear, he is really scoping the desk out for something to get into.

Well, he has a dirty diaper that needs changed and he needs some redirection bc he is insistant that he belongs in the little cubby space here by the desk.

So, that's what i leave you with this time...the bad, the ugly of motherhood. Maybe ill post some good next time.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I promise, it will get better.

(((((Big Hugs Christina)))))

The other me said...

It does get better...they leave when they get older, usually right after they get nice and stop whining, hoorah for parenthood!!