Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Children learn what they live

I just came across this pocket card tonight. I've had it since before I had kids. It's a great reminder and perhaps I should have it blown up to a 10X14.

IF a child lives with criticism,
He learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility,
he learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule,
he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with shame,
he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance,
he learns to be patient.
If a child lives encouragement,
he learns confidence.
If a child lives with praise,
he learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness,
he learns justice.
If a child lives with security,
he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval,
he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance,
and friendship,
He learns to find love in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are certainly words to live by. I enjoy your blog, you are very real. You are not alone in your suffering from depression either. Also becuz of your blog I know that i'm not the only one either. Thank you

Julie Q said...

I used to have that on my fridge years ago. They are good words to live by.

How are you doing today Christina?