Monday, May 07, 2007

dreams

Makenneh seems to be dreaming a lot lately. Every morning she wakes up with dreams to talk about. They are usually about her cat or Diego (from Go, Diego Go) or bunny rabbits. I think she is having a bit of trouble sorting reality from dreams. I imagine it has to be a bit confusing for young kids. Last night she kept talking about her black bunny and she wanted to go get him. I had no idea what she was talking about. She has stuffed bunny rabbits but none are black. We have never owned a pet bunny. Well, i was telling my sister about it last night and she said that Makenneh kept telling her about the black bunny she had and Lilo (my aunt's cat we housed for a year) got it and bit it and made it bleed and mommy had to take the bunny away. I don't really remember this. But, as i mulled it over (bc i found it odd that she named Lilo), i do think that Lilo had gotten out and gotten a bunny one time. But Makenneh was soo darn young, i can't believe she remembers it. Strange how a child's mind works!

The weather is supposed to be awesome. I saw 77* for i think tomorrow. Of course, that may be a tad too warm...but hey, it beats cold, dark, dreary!

Saturday, I woke up to a beautiful sight. I must first say, that I didn't wake until 11am! Yep, that's right. The reason was my throat had been really hurting friday night. So much so, that i could hardly swallow. I had taken some pain meds to help with the pain, so then i couldn't take the sore throat med bc it has acetemetophine in it. Well, i woke up at 3am and it was killing me, so i took the sore throat med that is a nighttime med. It knocked me out! So, anyway, i woke up bc there were dogs barking (hte neighbors) and i heard Jeremy ask, "c'mon do you wanna go bye bye?" I called his name, but he didn't answer. So, i got up. They weren't inside. I went to the front door and looked out...I had to rub my eyes and shake my head...my lawn was mowed, the kids were outside playing, daddy was out with them. It was beautiful. I saw that he was taking stuff up to the dumpster, so i said not a word and let them go! I enjoyed the couple extra mins of peace. When he got back, he told me to go look behind the porch...there is a cement slab there ...it was full of stuff...2 garden hose reels with garden hoses, the kids outdoor toys, rotting leaves from the fall, etc. Well, he had cleaned it all off, organized the kids' toys and it was a perfect place to play with sidewalk chalk. So i came in and got out the sidewalk chalk for the kids.

Of course, i had been sick friday/sat with the sore throat bit....and didn't keep up on the housework. And wouldn't you know that we get a knock at the door sundy..it's my father in law and his gf. UGh! I don't mind fil being here when it's a mess so much, bc i know he could care less. But his gf is a bit hoity toity (at least, she tries to be...) and i just don't like her being here when it's a mess. So, i had to get up and clean up quick. About 10 mins later, i am at the sink and look out...his aunt and uncle pull up! WTH?! So, yeah, we had a bit of unexpected company. Oh well. That's life. It was really nice to his aunt and uncle. I am always trying to get him to go visit them, but he hates to leave the house. Ah well! He's a grown man...and his things that he does that irritate me caused a bit of a riff around here Saturday. Despite the wonderful scene i woke up to. But, we have talked through it and hopefully things will be ok. It is hard bc i grew up in a home where the kids and their needs came first. I had 2 parents who sacraficed everything for us. Neither of them went out. They were always home with us, they had no horrible habits (aside from mom's smoking), but neither drank or smoked dope or anytihng of that sort. They didn't get into partying. Jeremy grew up in a home with 2 alcoholics, they always had parties (thiers brothers and sisters over to play cards, etc), always drinking. They didn't alter their lives much for the kids. So, we come from two different situations. I feel like you have to make sacrafices when you have kids...you can't watch that sexually graphic movie or play the violently graphic video game if the kids are present. He feels that he should be able to...bc that's how it was for him growing up. So, we have to work on finding a happy medium (aka, getting him to see my point...lol). We did make some progress. Hopefully it stays that way.

We think the internet problem is due to a bad modem. Hopefully they can get it fixed. It is very frustrating trying to get online and having to keep unplugging the power from the modem and plugging it back in only to still not have internet! then, when it does finally work, im afraid to breath, figuring it may disrupt service...lol.

Well, im off here to finish my rounds online before losing connection again!LOL

2 comments:

mom to three great kids said...

I get your point on company coming when they are not invited (and house is a mess)i hate that too!!....at least call to make sure i'm dressed for God sake!..but i'm glad the rest went well...

Julie Q said...

My husband grew up without a father and with a mother that drank. Me, I had both parents, they didn't drink, but my Dad abused us.

However, I am lucky. Ken remembers being tortured with scary shows as a child. His Mom used to laugh at him when scary things bothered him. So, he's always agreed with me when it came to parenting. Children are only children for so long. Innocence can be taken at such a young age. You are right to shelter them.

And unexpected company. :P I hate that! Can't they even call 15 minutes before they drive over? Would it be that hard?!