Saturday, May 19, 2007

One week to go

Until my sister's bridal shower. I feel so completely unorganized. So, this week is going to be spent getting organized. I know we have pretty much everything we need for the shower, but it's getting the prizes wrapped up, wrapping the silverware, printing the game we are playing, things like that. Then, i have to start working on the bachelorette party planning. I designed the invite, but can't print them off until sis finalizes the plans. I let her choose what we are doing, bc i hate when the bridal party just makes the plans and that's that. sometimes, it's not what the bride wants. Sis is very unique and i wanted this to be fun for her most of all. She chose to go to the free country music fest. It's an all day deal. There are several country new comers and then a main headliner. I do not know who the main headliner is, though. After that (I insist we won't feel like doing anything after being out in the sun all darn day, but hey....i'll go along with whatever) we are going to go to a bar that has karoake so she (and all of us) can sing and dance! So, those are the basics. And this way, if someone can't make it to the music fest, they can just meet up with us at the bar or vice versa.

I am feeling a tad better, mentally. I'll take that. Things are going well on the marriage front. I told him that from now on, he will always know what i am thinking. I am no longer going to hold things in to stew about them and i asked that he do the same. We are in this together and neither of us can be afraid to say how we feel or what we think. My cousins, Markie and Allana, wanted to keep the kids this weekend, while they stayed at thier gma's, so i let them. They love having the kids. And, it gave Jeremy and I time to reconnect. Not to mention, our anniversary is on tues, so we can celebrate it early, although, we are doing absolutely nothing special. We are laying around, watching tv, movies.

We didn't go to the wedding today. Well, i didn't plan on going to the actual wedding anyway, but he didn't feel like going to the reception and i was on the fence about it. We can't afford any extras right now and I really don't have anything to wear. My wardrobe is drab at best. It's horrible. I did get a coupon for Lane Bryant...$15 off a $15 or more purchase. The kicker is, if you have never shopped there, is that their clothes are quite expensive and the ones that are "perfect priced" (meaning in my price range) can't be purchased with the coupon. Nor can clearance or otherwise discounted clothing. So, I know i have used this same type of coupon there before and got some great deals, but that was also when i had a bit of spending money in my ass pocket. Now, i don't. I might go check it out and see if i can find a top that won't be too much after the discount. I have a few skirts that are nice, but no tops to match. So, that would help. I have tried on freecycle a few times, but it gets frustrating. One time i drove a good 25 mins away (expressway) and the clothes were horrible. most of them had GM logos on them or other types of advertising and were actually moreso mens style clothing. I don't want to wear those. I did give a lot of them to my dad. I can't believe they posted them as women's plus size. The few women's clothing in there were stained to high heaven and i wouldn't run around my home in them, much less step out my door in them. Now, with gas being 3.50 a gallon (which i hate to complain about, after figuring out the cost Helen pays in England), we can't afford for me to waste gas chasing "free" clothes. LOL. Maybe I will try posting a wanted and specify no stains, etc. That may help!

Tomorrow, I am going with my mother in law (I am just going to refer to her as Chris from now on, k? LOL) to that bridal shower. We were able to get a nice gift for only 15.00 each. That wasn't so bad. WE got a cute lined wicker laundry basket (med in size) and filled with laundry soap, fabric softener, stain remover, tide pen, lint brush, lingerie bag, heavy duty plastic hangers and a few other things. It looks nice and wasn't too expensive. And while it's nothing she registered for, it's all stuff she (anyone) can use. Chris even called her sister (bride's mom) to find out what kind of laundry soap. I personally probably would have just gone with a middle of the road laundry soap, but that's me. At least this way, we know it's what she uses. Oh and we made a little booklet full of household hints to put in with it.

Well, that's all i have for now. Nothing exciting, nothing funny, nothing witty!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Still, it's a positive sounding post. :)

That is nice you and Jeremy had the weekend alone.

Anonymous said...

Christina, I am glad that you and Jeremy are working things out, it's hard raising kids, and it's twice as hard raising them as a single parent. I always say hang in there, but truly thats all any of us can do. I know from my own life experiences it's always a rollercoaster, and as you get older and look back on your life you will see that some of the things that were so monstrously important, were really just silly stresses we put on ourselves. Try not to sweat the little things, and you'll be just fine! Chris

The other me said...

I love the laundry basket idea, perfect! Glad you guys had a good weekend too.