Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mental Exhaustion

Today was just mentally exhausting. I have felt emotional and blah. It doesn't help that AF is visiting. Just adds to my emotional roller coaster ride and the fatigue.

I set out to go to the cemetary. I had to wake seb up from his nap and stop at store to get a plant/flower. WEll, they didn't really have any decent flowers for a reasonable price and as i was there, in the midsts of all those ppl (the place was packed), i just began to really feel the fatigue. I still needed to pick up the stuff for dinner, make dinner and if i were to go to the cemetary, that's a good 15 mins or so away. I kept hearing my gma....I'm not there anyway, you are spending 8.00 on a plant that you really don't have the extra money for and it's all unneccessary. I debated over the plant the entire time, i picked up the things i needed for dinner, got to check out and just decided to wait on the plant. It wasn't anything special and i know i can get a nicer plant for a cheaper price. So, i checked out and came home. Jeremy helped me cook dinner and we watched The Pursuit of Happyness. What a sad movie. Of course, I cried through most of it. I told jeremy, i don't even like this movie. I was already feeling in the dumps and this movie is all about the dumps. Of course, it's a good movie to help you appreciate what you have and be thankful.

So, the movie was almost over when my sister called. She says, "I should keep Kenneh for the night." WHAT? Tonight? So, she came and got her. When i was helping getting Kenneh loaded into the car, Sebastian tripped and fell and skinned his poor knee..had blood running down it. I swear that I am not going to survive boyhood. He is over tired and crabby as ever. I'm just irritable, emotional and blah.

I did take him to the doctor today. He was very impressed with how clean the wound is and that there is no swelling, no redness, no sign of infection. He told me i did an excellent job. He told me to just keep up what im doing and of course keep an eye on it for infection, as without stitches to hold it together, it will take more time to heal. HE mentioned the sterile strips (butterfly) that you can get, but i said, yeah but would it stick? He said ya know, no, just keep doing what you are doing...you would have to shave his head and you know, it looks great so i think we will be fine. I felt so good about it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna run the roads with my sister. Yippe! I have to admit that i hate running with her. LOL. IT seems to be an all day ordeal and she is so slow and indecisive about everything! But, that's what sister's do...suck it up and go along for the ride. She mentioned needing to get groceries, which i do,too, so we will get that done (or not), too. Hopefully she doesn't wanna go too early, bc i feel like i just need a slow morning.

I forgot that my cousin's bridal shower is this saturday. I knew i had something to do this weekend (afterall, next weekend is the only weekend i have free, remember?)..but i didn't have it written on my big calendar. Mom reminded me of it tonight. I will have to jump over to her registery here in a minute. So, i guess i'm off here...
Here's to a better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I hope you have a nice Friday Christina. :)

My little boy was just exhausted last night! I had to lay down with him for a little while to get him to go to sleep. He's 6! Ah well, once he was out, he was out.

And woo hoo for you! Taking such good care of his head. :)