Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary - But Prayers First!

I want to start out by saying that Jeremy's cousin is going in for surgery in the morning to have a brain anurysm (I know i spelled that wrong) removed. She is around 21 yrs old(maybe even a little younger). They told her that until they get in there, they aren't sure if they will remove the anurysm or just bypass it. Please say a prayer that all goes well. Her mom is a basket case. Add to this that his other cousin(they are sisters) is getting married July 21 and their step sister is getting married june 23. So, she has the emotion and stress of the 2 weddings and them being close and then this. She is a very emotional person to begin with and she even broke down and cried a couple times at the bridal shower on sunday.

Tomorrow (techincally today, as it is past midnight) is our 3rd Anniversary! It feels like it has been forever. I can't believe it has only been 3 yrs. I don't know if that is a good thing or not...lol. Anyway, we aren't doing anything special for it and I actually didn't even get him a card, which is so unlike me. I wrote him a cute lil note telling him happy anniversary and if he doesn't wake up late for work, he will actually see it...lol.

Oh we are feeling the stress of the shower and wedding. We are down to less than a week for the shower and have so much to do, it seems. I know deep down that it will all come together. It always does. But, i feel so out of control i don't like it. I am usually on top of things like this, but i have had so much going on, my lack of meds and well, i've had my head in the sand. Im pulling it out now and gotta busta move! WE are getting no help from the wedding party and the whole shower is falling on me and mom (and Carrie, bless her heart). She did find out that her one bridesmaid will actually be able to make it. (prior to this, she wasn't sure she would have hte day off work). I just found out yesterday that one of our aunts won't be there bc they are going camping. That hurts more than i can express. They go camping every year. Granted, it's memorial weekend. But we are supposedly a "close" family. It just seems to me that your neices shower (that will only happen once, God willing) and you can camp any other time (they camp almost every weekend of the summer) and you can camp again next year. But oh well. She said to me, I couldn't believe you guys planned it for this weekend bc we always go camping. UMMMMM...should we cut into our one cousin's graduation party? Or another cousin's wedding? or one of many other grad parties we have? or other weddings and showers we had? I don't think she realizes the stress and hassle we had in picking a date. We had so many other plans to dodge, that we couldn't possibly take into account camping trips, fishing trips, whatever else, too. She wouldn't have been able to have a shower at all. Anyway, the funny thing is, i was just telling jeremy about this: He hates to go to things. He doesn't do crowds too well. I told him that you have to go to ppl's things, bc some day our kids will be having celebrations and we will want ppl to attend. What goes around, comes around. The very next day, i found out my aunt wasn't coming. Hmmm. Good point to keep in mind. Her kids are getting close to weddings and babies.

Well, I need to get to bed. This is going to be a long week.

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Jeremy! :) May you have many many more and life start to smooth out for you two.

Jeremy's Aunt has just tons on her mind. I will keep their family in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Gma and i will say a prayer for Jeremy's cousin. Also, you may tell the camping aunt that selecting this weekend for the shower makes it easier for your one surviving Gma to attend by combing the trip for the shower and the family cookout!! At 86, she deserves some consideration!

Happy Aniversary!

Love you

Anonymous said...

oops, typo alert!!!! substitute combining for combing, please and thank you!