Monday, September 17, 2007

Back to Monday

Well, the weekend is over... It was a busy weekend for me. Friday night was my sister's spa party. Then Saturday afternoon we had a baby shower. I had to rush from that to get to my mom's so we could finish up the prep for Jeremy's surprise party. That went well. He said he had an inclination. Grrr. We spent the evening and into the wee hours of morning sitting around a fire. I didn't think my dad would ever quit adding wood to the fire. LOL. This morning, i slept in...til 1130ish. The kids stayed at my parent's last night...so i was afforded such luxury. The down side is that i woke up with a bad headache. How unfair. I took two small swallows of Hot Damn and had nothing else to drink, yet I woke up with a bad headache. I took some ibuprofen and that held it at bay although i was left with a nagging pain in my head...threatening to return. This evening, we had dinner at my Uncle Ken's to celebrate my cousin Sarah's Bday. She turned 19 today. Then, we came home and I hit the homework again. I was feeling very overwhelmed tonight. It is so hard to concentrate on homework with tv going, ppl talking, kids running around, wanting things, whining, what have you... I have to work on getting organized I think. I feel like I am going in a million different directions. It's awful. Im sure it will just take a few weeks to get in the routine.

This week is going to be a busy one, as well. I have class mon and wed, (2 times) and then thurs. Tues is bunco and fri night my friend's mom is having a candle party. UGh. The weekend brings my cousin's wedding and Jeremy's aunt is having one of those spa parties on sunday. I have decided that I am not attending sunday's spa party. I don't have any money to spend at these parties and I've already booked and held a show. So, i have nothing to contribute to the party and I need time for homework, housework, family...life. I am still undecided on the candle party. My friend and her mom attend all of our parties as long as they are able...but again, i have no money to order anything and i won't host one of those parties bc i just can't justify spending that kind of money on their products and I don't know anyone who is willing to buy much of anything from that company. So, i know a party wouldn't turn out if i had one.

I am going to talk to someone at the college about student loans. There is a Stafford loan available, but by applying for it, it voids my work study grant. (I haven't signed up/applied for a work study job yet, though i was granted money to do it). I am leaning towards the loan route, simply bc the work study is 25 hrs of work a week and I am just not sure that I can juggle that in there right now. Maybe next semester when I am settled into this going to school routine. But right now, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with classes alone. But I want to talk to someone at the college first to weigh the benefits of each option. work study pays $7 an hour up to 25 hrs/week, paid bi-weekly. Right now my brain is simply overloaded with things to do, think about, etc. After writing it out, i am beginning to think that as long as i can get a work study job at this point, maybe i should go that route, as it is almost like free money. Well, i would be working for it, but i mean, we wouldn't have to pay it back, whereas with the loan, we would. Even if the interest is deferred. Then, i can save the loans for when my tuition is more than my grants cover (Michigan State University isn't anywhere near low cost tuition...lol).

Well, this is where I stop tonight...i need to give my poor brain a rest...so many things are running through there that it makes me exhausted...lol.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I'd skip the candle party too. Sometimes people get carried away with those things.

Amanda is enjoying her work study job. You should find out if there are any more. It's not like working in a high stress retail job, you might enjoy the job you find there. I'd hold off on the loans. If you can that is.

You had a busy weekend!