Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy 30th Birthday, Honey

Today was Jeremy's 30th birthday. Or as he likes to refer to it...his 5th anniversary of his 25th bday. his way of avoiding the fact that he is aging, i suppose. I don't get it...bc it's just a part of life and Ive never understood ppl's obsessions with trying to outrun it. You can't.

Anyway, I had class tonight, so i knew we wouldn't really get to spend any time together. I did manage to cook lasagna for dinner, which is his favorite meal. He did have to finish the garlic bread though, as i was already running a tad late. He still enjoyed it.

HIs mom and I decided today that we should throw a lil party together for him this weekend, as it is his 30th. I had wanted to, but nixed the idea due to funds. I love to celebrate bdays. It's always been a big thing for me. So, the itch was there, but the money wasn't. When his mom mentioned it today, and offered to help, i figured we could do a lil get together. I hate doing things last minute, but it is all coming together. It will be a surprise. It's planned for Saturday evening. I have a baby shower at 2pm so it's going to be a busy day...but we can pull it off. I feel good about it, bc like i said, i love to make big deals about bdays. I guess it comes from growing up, always having at least a family type bday party. Never anything huge and fancy, but just get togethers. So, his mom is getting 30 balloons in black and white and a few Over the Hill Mylar balloons to go with it. He is always saying he is old now....sooooo, he asked for it. LOL. She is also getting the paper products and his dad is doing shaved ribeye for steak subs (Jeremy loves them and growing up, they used to have this a lot...his dad works for Abbott's meat, which is a huge distributor in our area for meats, so he gets a great deal). I am going to make Taco Salad (his favorite) and maybe do some nachos and cheese. Then, we are going to see if his aunt will make a potato salad. We are expecting about 20 ppl. And of course, im making cake and may go with some ice cream....we will see. Im actually quite excited and will be even happier if it turns out and remains a surprise.

Other than that...nothing really to talk about..of course im quite tired. couldn't sleep last night and then had class tonight. So, i guess im off here to head to bed. have lots of work to do now that we decided to throw this last minute party.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

For some reason, I hated turning 30. 40 didn't bother me though. Funny isn't it? :)

I hope the party remains a surprise. :)