Sunday, September 09, 2007

damn this phone company

So, i recalled that AOL had a dial-up number that is local for me. I went through the process of trying to install the disc only to keep coming up with an error that wouldn't allow me to connect to finish the sign up process. SO, i called AOL to speak with someone...we go through the whole sign up process, only for her to tell me that my phone company doesn't allow 3rd party billing. WTF?! We don't own credit/debit cards and we don't have a checking account. I know, sounds primitive, but after overdrawing a bank account, we just closed it out and never got another one and use money orders now. It's just easier for us. We do need to get a new checking account, as it has been years, but that's besides the point. ANyway, this phone co., which is Centurytel, has a monopoly on this town. IF you live in this town, you have no choice as to phone co provider. Only can use them. Then, to make it worse, they make it almost impossible to use any other internet provider, but them or cable. Cable internet just isn't in our budget right now. I am going to call the phone co tomorrow (as they only have hours during the day, m-f). I am gonna give them an earfull. I think it is downright rediculous, that in this day in age, I cannot have a choice as to what provider to use for phone/internet. And seems how they don't want to allow 3rd party billing on my phone bill, then, i am going to suggest that htey offer me dial up at the same price AOL was going to give it to me, which is 9.95/mo. I feel so damn frustrated by this. My internet is my one form of entertainment and me time. Not to mention, being in college, having internet will surely come in handy. Can't exactly load up kds to go to the library to use internet.... My college offers free internet to students, but unless they have changed things in the last few years, they don't provide an access number i can use here in this one horse hick town. I am growing to resent this move more and more. I have crappy, drunk, crazy neighbors, who can't mind their own business, Im out in the middle of almost nowhere, and the phone company out here sucks. The only positives is that I am in a nicer school district, nicer trailer and closer to my parents. guess those are big things, but my depression is kicking in, i am just miserable as can be and could run, far away.

Ok, nuff of that crap. I have cleaning to do and a chapter to read and so i must go. It will get better, i know,,it's just surviving until then. I am so sick of one thing after another. IT has to get better. Hope all is well for everyone!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

That does suck Christina! :(

We can only have Comcast cable here or a dish. AT&T was going to offer us this really great deal and we couldn't take it because of that. Phone companies haven't taken over the park though.

I know how you feel. Sometimes the world seems so unfair.

Anonymous said...

Christina, does the college offer internet service. May be an option, can't see how the phone company can nix the connection when many college classes require internet time. Worth checking into! Good Luck!

Love you, May be seeing you this week end!