Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Customer Service???

So, i dragged my feet again. No surprise. But, we found out tonight that we had to have a money order for comcast when they come out tomorrow to install the internet stuff. Well, I was at my friends and Jeremy was here with Sebastian and no car. So, I figured i would run up to the party store when i got home and got the kids to bed. HAHAHAH. First off, Sebastian didn't want any part of sleeping and Jeremy ended up calling me back to see if i could come home so he could get to bed. So, i get home around 9pm. Neither kid is interested in sleeping. makenneh had a melt down on the way home because she wants a baby rabbit. (kaitlyn has one and she just loves it). She sobbed sadly the whole way home. She even thought for a few mins and says, take Brownie back, mom. Yes, she was willing to take brownie, her beloved hampster back, in order to get a bunny. Well, once she realized I was taking her home instead of the pet store, she really melted down! She refused to get out of the car, the works. So anyway, i know, what does that have to do with customer service? Well, the point it, after a harried hour or so, I still didn't have either kid sleeping and was also determined not to haul them both out to the store to get the money order. So, I held, cuddled, begged and pleaded. Finally, i put Sebastian down and he goes to sleep. Then, just when i thought Makenneh was sleeping and turned the tv down, she says, I want to hear it mom. UGH. So i turned it back up a bit and wait. Then she falls asleep. Not too long after that, my brother calls and wants to know if i have any taco seasoning. So, Sara comes to get that and of course, two women cannot just get on with business without finding something to talk about. so, i burned up more time there. Finally, i head to the party store, only to find them closed. Great, i think. So, i head to Kroger, just down the road. It was 1110 and they close at midnight. Yeah right!!!!! Their CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK closes at 9PM!!!!!!! Yes, they close that counter down 3 hours before the rest of the store. That is nuts. Isnt that type of business all about customer service? So, the cashier tells me, you can go to meijer or walmart. Um, no. I am in the small town here, 20 mins from walmart (which closes at midnight if not sooner anyway) and even though im closer to meijer, its late at night and that just isnt the safest place for anyone to be at that time of night, much less a female by herself with a 100 bill in her purse no less. So, i remembered trusty ol VGs from my home town and decide to trek a town over where i can be safe. Luckily, they were still offering money orders. Even though they close the counter, they still do everything..you just wait in the check out line instead of at the counter. NO big deal. now, why, if one store can do that, cant the rest of them? My cashier rang up the money order, ran to the counter, printed it out and voila, i had a money order! Made me realize how much I miss from that store. They are excellent in customer service! OH well, can't have it all i guess. But, as a customer, i do appreciate some service. With a smile is always nice.

Oh and i might add that while i was at Kroger (where I decided to get Jeremy's cigarettes, seems he had coupons and they double even the dollar ones there), the cashier is talking to another employee about something and says right outloud..."oh i had 3 of those fuckers"...i forget what she was talking about. Now, i swear and i don't get offended by it really. But, in a grocery store? Where ppl of all ages, all walks of life are welcome? I just thought it was a bit ...over the top. I couldn't imagine saying the big bad F word while working with the public like that! I wonder if it was the same cashier who told Jeremy that Sebastian was too old to be drinking a bottle, before he was even a yr old? Hmmmm...this Kroger store has some doozies. They give out free parenting advice, close customer service desk way early and cuss like sailors. But they really are close and convenient and their prices are good. Sacrafices I guess. customer service or good deals and good location?

No comments: