Monday, April 10, 2006

Despite the cool temps....

Well, the weather was ok for the party. We had sunshine but we also had wind and cool temps. But, it was still enjoyable to be outside for the kids and we hung out in the house as well. The kids all got to ride my sister's horses and they loved it. Makenneh didn't want to get off. So that was nice. The Mexican fare went over well....everyone enjoyed the tacos, dips, etc. Im sure it was better than the common sloppy joes or whatever. We packed the pinata full of goodies and it took those little ones forever to get it all picked up and in their goody bags. My goodness. It was cute to see. Unlike the slightly older kids you see literally tearing after the stuff, these girls squatted there and poked at the items, slowly gathering them to their bags, helping each other out. It was a marvelous site. And boy oh boy did these 2 kids get a boat load of gifts. It was like Christmas revisited. I dare say each child got about 10 new outfits and then tons of toys....books, dora the explorer van, crayola desk, bug kits, a dance and play music thing for Sebastian, mega blocks, a 3 in 1 ride and haul dump truck...he can sit in it, pull it like a wagon or push it. So cute. Gee, i really cannot remember everything the kids got. Oh, Tad leappad toy, Dora bathtime toy.....yeah, it was nuts. And they each got a total of $20 as well. I am planning to use that money to buy some toy organizers. Seems how they have limited space, the more organized we can be with toys the better. Oh and my mom and dad got them savings bonds as well. I want to be a kid again....they make out on bdays. My cousin had his 15th bday party last weekend and got $107. Anyway, i busted my ass the week leading up to this party and by evening's end, i was beat. My feet were burning, my limbs felt like jelly and my poor eyelids were sagging to the floor. But, my night was not over, oh no. Still had to clean up all of the mess, round up kids and the worst part was having to haul that stuff into our trashed house. I had been on the go sooo much this past week, that no housework really got done. So, i felt obligated to stay up and clean the bedroom despite the exhaustion. Not to mention, good ol Sebastian felt he would milk the day for all it was worth and didn't retire until about 1230am. UGH. So, it was after that that i went to tackle their bedroom which didn't even have so much as a path in it. I still need to go through the toy boxes to eliminate some more toys.

Then today, i went to my mom's and had an early dinner. It was nice..the kids played outside some more, but nothing seems to wear that boy of mine down. I thought Makenneh was an energizer bunny...this kid has her topped. I know I am in for trouble. He just doesn't stop. This kid was misplaced...he was supposed to be my brother's kid. He looks like him, acts like, and has that endless supply of energy. I was the good natured, laid back child.

Anyway, I got home around 6pm and had to finish picking up. I must take time to mention that Jeremy was very helpful yesterday with loading the gifts and stuff and even better today while I was gone. He fixed the floor, the tail lights in the car and picked up the living room!!!! Then, at 7pm, my brother's gf's parents came over so i could do their taxes. That is still a work in progress. I am ready to call it a night, but Makenneh is still up....for some reason. She played hard again today and didn't have a nap. What is into these kids? OH yeah, cake, ice cream, candy!!!!

Well, that's the sum of our exciting weekend. Now, it's time to work on Easter. Does the spending ever end?

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

No, it doesn't. :) And the clothes and items they want, cost more and more as they get older.

However, it is a great ride. :) Enjoy your babies.

I hope you got some rest. Sounds like you were up late.

I replied to your comment on my blog to explain what you asked about. :)

Anonymous said...

Christina, I am so glad that the kids were able to have a wonderful party. Sure wish I could be there to celebrate it with you guys! Hopefully now you can relax a little bit-after Easter of course. We still haven't bought the kids their Easter outfits or candy and baskets-good thing we get paid this week. Anyway, I will talk to you later.