Saturday, April 15, 2006

Long days, nice weather and Happy Easter

I had to title this post long days bc the first thing i wanna share is quite hilarious. Makenneh has been doing excellent with her potty training (thank God). Well, the other day, she walks back to the bathroom, while Jeremy is in shower...climbs up on the potty and sits down. He checks on her...she is ASLEEP on the toilet!!! Yes, folks, out for the count on the toilet. It really was priceless....i wanted so badly to take a picture but my camera had no batteries in it and she was starting to wobble back and forth...didnt need her falling off the toilet just for a picture. But, trust me, this would have been killer to show her future boyfriend.

And, I finally decided that I will live through this horrible phase they call toddlers. I am thinking I am on the upside with Makenneh. Of course, Sebastian is right there, ready to hit terrible. Actually, i think he already has. But, Makenneh is doing great with the Potty training, she even had a dry night last night. Only 1 accident today..and she was heading to the bathroom when she had the accident.

Well, Grandma and Aunt Bev are down for Easter. I was hoping to get to mom's to see them today, but it didn't work out that way. I went to mom's earlier in the day and I was just tired, Sebastian needed a nap and I wanted to see Jeremy, so i figured i'd come home, catch a nap(didn't work out that way) and spend some time with Jeremy. Well, i ended up getting a call from my father in law that they were coming over to give the kids their baskets. Which was perfectly fine. So, we stayed home all evening. We will go to mom's in the morning as soon as we are up and around and spend the day there. This is the very first holiday that my grandma has come to my parents' house. We always went to grandparents' houses for holidays and it wasnt until very recent years that mom started doing dinners at home. But, traditionally for Easter, we went up to my grandma's and had Easter there. But, this year, Jeremy wouldn't have been able to go up north bc of his job..he only gets the weekend off. Well, he was supposed to work today even, but opted not to. Too hard to drive over 2 hours to eat a meal and visit and drive home, all in a day, then get up weeee early to go to work.

And the best news of all is our weather has been fantastic!!!! we have had weather near 80! We are about 20 degrees above avg for this time of year, but I won't complain. Wait til the real heat and humidity roll in...then you will hear my bitchin! I hate the heat and humidity!

Well, Happy Easter to All and I am off here to turn in for the night! Long day ahead of me, Im sure!

No comments: