Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bringing Sexy Back

Makenneh is....I dropped her off at school yesterday afternoon and the teacher pulled me aside and told me that the day before, Makenneh had gone up to Devon, hand on hip, and asked, "do you think I'm sexy?" HE said, "yes, I do." and she walked away grinning. My jaw dropped to the floor! The teacher made light of it...and said, "he had the right answer, anyway. I don't know what would have happened if he would have said no...lol" I didn't know what to think. I mean, she does have older cousins that she is around....but that is just not something i say. The teachers thought it was cute, which was a bit of a relief, bc in todays day....everyone is quick to talk sexual harassment, abuse, whatever...
But her teacher is a grandmother....a very "hip" gma i might add. So, i guess she knows that kids pick things up from the darnedest places..

Of course, the teacher wraps it up by saying, "Good luck, mom!". I am thinking it may take more than luck. And daddy, "Hell no!" was his response....lol. Of course these things mortify the daddy's of little girls.

ON the bright side, maybe this means she will be more outgoing and forthright than her mom. I was shy and introvert, to the point that I would let anyone and everyone walk all over me. I still am to a degree.

Yesterday, we had a nice evening...sebastian fell asleep and Makenneh was at school...we got to have dinner alone, together AND watch a movie! All without interruption! Gee, it seemed so nice!

I just called him at work and his fingers are really hurting today. I told him he should take some pain pills...i can't imagine how bad they hurt...they look painful!

My mom is coming over this morning to watch kids while I go to an IEP (Individual Education Plan...at least i think that's what it stands for) f0r Makenneh. I believe it's basically to go over with me, the teacher and speech therapist, that Makenneh was evaluated for Speech, but is doing fine...so more or less to make sure we are all in agreement with that decision. OF course, when i mentioned IEP to my mom, she freaked out...bc it is often associated with Special Education classes and beings that Makenneh is only in headstart, how can they think she needs that at this point?! But, she is used to hearing the goings on of another local school where they put most of their students in some form of special ed....probably for the extra funding. But, as of right now, i am very happy with this school district. I was very pleased when I got a phone call last night around 7pm from the principal. She was calling because she was going over papers on her desk and came across the request for Makenneh's speech eval. and saw that the papers were dated for end of Jan. She wanted to make sure that someone had gotten in touch with me and see whether or not I had been taken care of. I was impressed that she took the time to call me right then and there, with concern, that we had perhaps slipped through some cracks! And then earlier yesterday, the speech therapist called to give me her personal cell phone number in case anything came up today...bc her husband is in the hospital and not doing well, so she didn't think she would be in her office today, should i need to reach her. i thought that was neat. I feel bad for her, as we were talking when i took makenneh in for the eval, and she told me her husband has diabetes and has sores on his feet that have gangrene setting in. I am sure that's why he is in the hospital now. How terribly sad. I truly hope that everything goes well for him! Please say a prayer for Mr. Naylor that he gets better. I have never met the man and have only met Mrs. Naylor once, but she is a really sweet person and I just feel bad for her and her family having to go through this! I know enough about diabetes and the complications to know that this very well could mean that he will end up loosing his foot/feet/legs. how sad.

Wow,this boy has a temper. He spotted a baggy i had on the counter with my cinnamon/sugar mix in it nad he is throwing a fit for it. I won't give it to him, bc he doesn't need it and i don't want the mess all over....so he is screaming at the top of his lungs. sometimes i just wish he would lose his voice from the screaming. It really hurts the ears.

We got more snow last night...ugh! i am ready for spring! really, i am! We've been back to the frigid cold and now the snow. I thought that darn groundhog predicted spring in 6 weeks from Feb 2? We gotta be getting close to the end of the 6 weeks...lol.

Ugh, that lil monster boy of mine is throwing his cereal all over the floor. there is no such thing as clean around here. The kids see to it! I think they are piggies at heart and just can't stand for thier dwelling to be anything less than a pigpen! I give! I figure when they are moved out, i can have a clean house, with nice things. Til then, I will have to learn to be happy with stepping on cereal, wading through toys and having junk...stains on furniture and carpet, crayon on the walls....ya know, the real good stuff! And to think that some day i will look back on all this and actually miss it!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

And you will miss it. :)

We are lucky, Zachary didn't color on the walls too much. It did help having the older kids to keep an eye on him. Oh and the fact that he was never big on coloring. ;) he he

I always think of that old Alabama song "If It Weren't For Kids." I'm not a big coutry fan, but I enjoyed that song.