Friday, March 09, 2007

New Addition

I went to my Aunt Michelle's yesterday and Desiree sent this monkey home with Makenneh. He is one of those Fur Real Pets. He is interactive and will go off on any given whim with his "ooh ohh hahhhha!" Sebastian doesn't care much for him,so i figure he could work as a great deterrent. For instance, Seb loves to go in the kitchen, push a chair to the counter and climb up. Perhaps if i set the monkey in the threshhold of the kitchen, he will avoid it?! LOL. If that seemed to work, you could guess what the kids would be getting for their upcoming bdays?! LOL.
He even moves his arms and eyes and stuff. very lifelike! I didn't have the heart to tell Des that I already have 2 monkeys and really didn't need a 3rd.




Makenneh took him to school yesterday for show and tell. The kids loved him.

I really miss my crib. Yes, im jumping topics..this gives you a look into just how scatterbrained i can be. Anyway, it's really hard to get Seb to bed at night. With the crib, i could put him in, let him cry....he goes to sleep. But without the crib...i have to get him to sleep before i can leave him be. I know i should just keep putting him in the bed, over and over. But, God, please forgive me that i don't have patience for all of that. I shall work on it though. I want both kids to go in and go to bed when told. I am sick of bed time hassles. I am sick of them being up all night. I want to be able to go to bed with my husband sometimes. I want to be able engage in Adult activity with my husband sometimes, other than on weekends. Not so possible when he has to be in bed around 9 and kids are still up.

Tomorrow is our meeting with Habitat for Humanity. Please wish us luck, say some prayers. I want this work. We need 3 bedrooms so bad. I am almost tempted to turn my dining room area into a 3rd bedroom, bc i can't stand the hassle of them sharing a room. There are nights where she would lay in her bed and go to sleep, but he won't and she whines and wants him out..there are times when she wants to be by herself bc she is feeling grumpy and he will go in and mess with her and make her mad..it's just crazy sometimes.

I'm working on my list of questions for the meeting, but my mind is drawing a blank...if anyone thinks of some things i should ask, please reply. The biggest thing im concerned with is location. In order for Jeremy to continue being able to ride with his coworker, we need to stay in the same town. If he has to drive, well that's a huge problem, as he has no license and it would cost us a lot of extra money in gas, as he works 52 miles from home. NOt to mention the higher upkeep and maintanance on the car. Then, I know that most commonly, they build homes in the flint area...and while I know beggars can't be choosy..im not quite to the point of begging just yet and I do not want to live in flint where my kids aren't safe outside playing, where there is risk of drive by shootings, etc. I would rather live with my parents first. I guess i am just cynnical about this all working out, because quite frankly, it sounds too good to be true and it just seems that things dont usually go that good/easy for us. There has to be a catch and I am prepared for the bottom to drop out.

There are enough things wrong with this place, beyond cosmetic, that my hand gets sore writing...that with the overcrowding (2 opp sex kids in 2 bdrm home) covers that base. We fall within the income guidelines, but i just don't know.

Well, I am gonna get off here and chase kids some more. You know, for all the chasing i do, i should be skinny. Why doesn't it work that way?? LOL.

No comments: