Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Children's Museum & pics

Makenneh's class went on a field trip today to the Children's Museum. It's a place for play, learning and discovery. Today was my first time being there, as well. It was pretty nice, although full of kids. 2 of the other groups of kids there today were just plain horrible. They were probably about 2nd graders and the rudest bunch of kids i have seen in a long time. They would push, shove and take over everything. I spoke up. I figured i wasn't letting them get away with mistreating my kids. The first was when she went to go into the play house. The group in there was holding the door shut, telling her no. I said, excuse me, but you have to share. Open that door and let her in there, please. The next was in the tot spot for kids aged 0-3. My kids went to go through the play tunnel and weren't coming out the other end, so i looked in to see...a bigger kid was sitting right across the tunnel. I told him he needed to move and let the kids through. There were a couple other incidences at well. I just couldn't believe it. And i am usually quiet and let stuff go. Rarely do i speak up. But ya know, where were the teachers and chaperones of these kids who were behaving so awfully? My child has the right to enjoy her field trip, too.

So anyway, overall, the kids had a blast. I however was miserable for the most part. They had too many groups in there and it was too hot! I would love to take the kids back when it's not so busy. There is so much to do. They have an Aerobics music room where the kids activate the music by stepping on colored dots on the floor, they have a stage area where kids can dress up in different dress up outfits and then go on stage, they have a place where you go in and stand against the wall, count to 10, then shut the lights off. When you turn them back on, your shadow is "caught" on teh wall. A rock climbing wall, just all sorts of things. A nature/Indian type room, a carriage, a grocery store where kids can use little mini carts and shop for realistic play food...a check out lane, a pizzeria, a room that deals with science like pullies, electricity, gravity, etc...just real neat. Learning made very fun!


This is a picture of the kids in front of the tee-pee.This is the moose that they have in there. Those things are huge!
a helicopter ride~!!!!! (makenneh was asking for money to put in it..at one point it had been one of those kiddy rides you find at the supermarket or whatever....they disabled that aspect of it and included it in their vehicles/transportation section.)
My little fire fighters in the fire truck!

And that is it of the field trip...trust me i have more pics, but ya know...i couldn't post em all. I would still be waiting for them to upload.

Tonight, Sebastian learned a new stunt...he now doesn't just climb up on my counter, but gets back behind my sink and in the window! I got him down, he went back, i swatted his behind, he went back...and back and back! I was ready to explode. I finally shut the light off by the pull string and so he had no light in the kitchen. He eventually got over it.

Yep, he is a monkey! Now you know where the bruises come from..he can shimmy himself up there quicker than you can blink. If God is going to give children such mobility and at such fast rates of speed, shouldn't he also give us parents more mobility, energy and strength? It would be nice!

i read on a friend's profile..."my son is my life and he will be the death of me". how very true!

I have a bridal shower to attend this Sunday. Ugh..we are so broke it's not funny. The bride to be is actually my 3rd cousin or something like that...but we never even knew her until my sister had "met" her through a mutual friend..they got talking, she had mentioned her last name and Carrie recognized the last name as my gma's maiden name....and yep,we are related. Kinda funny how life works, huh? Anyway, we are broke and i have all these expenses coming up and so i got creative. I got a recipe box and have been putting recipes in it. I worked on that a lot today and then i have to go to mom's to get some of her tried and true recipes. I talked to my sis and she said that was a great idea, as Nikki had mentioned wanting to ask guests to bring a recipe to the shower, but it didn't happen. I also found out that she loves to bake, but not so big on cooking. however, she has wanted to get into it more and so i put some quick and easy dinner recipes in there. I am then going to get her some kitchen towels (she didn't register for much of anything, but i was able to find out from my sister what she could use/want), some other odds and ends and do up a little gift basket.

Then next weekend is Sebastian's Bday on the 30th..also my cousin kenny's bday. they are having a 16th bday party for him on the 31th...so i planned seb's on april 1. The weekend after that is Easter. The weekend after that is Makenneh's bday and party! Im gonna die here! My pocket book is already empty! The weekend after that is my gma's bday! The weekend after that is the baby shower. May 5th is my other cousin's bridal shower. i think we get a weekend off and then Nikki's wedding is the following weekend. Then, the next weekend is my sister's bridal shower. The following weekend is my other cousin's (Barb) wedding. and then all the graduation parties start, which will take up every weekend in june. June 26th is gonna be sis's bachelorette party. Then, july 7th is her wedding and DAMN IT, we get a couple weeks off before the birth of my nephew! Then, somewhere in there will be a bridal shower for my cousin Shannon and her wedding in sept. Please forgive me if i left anything out and i don't know about you, but my freakin head is spinning. I think i shall go take out a loan! However am i going to get gifts for all of this, plus put on the shower and plus be in a wedding and still have a roof over my head??!!! Ugh, im ill now. Must. Go. Lie. Down.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Holy cow! Do you have the stuff coming up! How crazy! I don't think I'd be able to keep it straight. I don't think I could afford it either.

The museum sounds and looks great! And shame on those parents/teachers that weren't watching their children! That is so frustrating!