Tuesday, March 13, 2007

maps done,wide awake...now what?

Yeah,i could be cleaning or something otherwise productive, but i must admit, i am addicted to my blog. It is a great source of escape.

I finished the maps for the bridal shower (which will also work for the baby shower, as they are going to be at the same place).

I also just emailed a lady on freecycle who is looking for a plus size wedding dress for her daughter. The lady has cancer and is undergoing chemo and on a tight budget (hey could be a sob story to get a free wedding dress, but i am a sucker for sad stories, especially when i can help). So, even though my dress is a couple sizes larger than she needs, i offered my dress to her. It is just sitting in my closet, uncleaned (bc we couldn't afford it at the time),collecting dust and taking up valuable space. I learned somewhere along the lines that memories and value isn't placed on material things. Sure, it was my wedding dress....but i will never wear it again and I hope like hell that my daughter will NEVER fit into that dress! Not to mention, how many girls really want to wear their mom's wedding dress? I am sentimental, but practical more than anything else. and why should my dress hang in my closet, going to waste, when there is a girl out there who could use it? I think maybe i could ask for a picture of the bride in the dress, and use it for scrapbooking a memory or something...or would i sound like a complete lunatic? LOL. At any rate, the thought that i may be able to make a bride's dream of a beautiful wedding dress come true makes me very warm and fuzzy inside. I love helping other people. And maybe that's why, even though i don't have much, I have never had to be destitute and completely without! The good Lord has always made sure I had what i needed...maybe not more than that..which is perfectly fine with me. I also told the lady in my email that if they want some low cost wedding ideas, I have many to share with her. I explained that i didn't want to offer unsolicited advice, but if she wants some ideas, i would gladly share them. My wedding was everything i wanted and around 8000.00. Dress and all included.

I suppose I will go surf the web for something....this time change is wicked on the schedule and body!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

The day is beautiful here! Sunny and more than promised by our weather man! Not sure what I can do with the day for I have running to do, but it won't be cold while I do it I guess.

Memorial Day weekend might work out well. I would send out the invites early too, in case someone would want to stay in town instead of taking off, thinking they have nothing better to do. :)

Oh and giving to Freecycle is such a good feeling! :) I'm giving my old monitor to a guy that puts together old computers for families. I just have to make sure everyone is healthy and I'm able to. Although the sunny day makes for good porch pick up day. :) Warm and fuzzy is a good feeling. I felt so good giving lights and our old tree away more than a month before Christmas. A family knew they'd have a tree with lights long before the time to worry about it. :) I hope they take your dress. :)