Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'm well on my way...

To college, that is! I called them today and they have received my info, but the award money hasn't been deposited yet. She said that I will get 1950.00 per semester and tuition there runs about 1100.00, for full time. So, I will have about 800.00 left over, which will of course, go to books, supplies, etc. She also explained that the efc amount is what they would typically say you could contribute, but the way they award the money, you, as the student don't end up paying that, unless you exceed the amount awarded to you. It's more of a guideline, i guess you could say!

Anyway, registration begins April 2..which is MONDAY! I cannot wait to go down and get classes picked out and have it be more real to me. I'm gonna aim for all my classes to be at the local campus, rather than the main one, so i don't have to go into flint, fight the lack of parking and the sprawled out campus. The "northern tier" campus is just one building with ample parking (used to be a department type store). I think I might even try a class online, but to be honest, getting out of the house will be nice!

Well, the kids have been playing outside all day, as we have another gloriously sunny and warm day, so i need to get them in the tub and washed up before Makenneh has school. That's already only an hour and half away! Where does the day go?! Didn't we just wake up? LOL.

Oh, speaking of waking up..i woke up to the sound of birds chirping away in the tree outside our bedroom window. It was so beautiful. And of course, I couldn't help but thinking....what a nice way to start my blog post. But then, the idea had faded, bc Sebastian came in and wanted to cuddle and i fell back asleep...all was lost! Until Makenneh came in and woke us up!

Hope everyone is enjoying a beautifully sunny day as well!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Is the local campus where Pamida used to be? I heard that they were going to turn that into a Mott campus. Boy I bet I am going to be shocked when I head back into Clio come October for a visit!!! Anyway, can't wait to hear about your classes and I hope that you guys continue to get some nice weather. It was really nice here and the kids got to go out and ride their bikes with Daddy--Michael for the first time without training wheels--he did pretty good!

Julie Q said...

Oh yay for you! Is that for the spring semester? :) I am so happy for you!

It started raining/hailing here about 2:30 and it didn't stop until about 4:30. The roads are flooded all over the place! The air does feel better now. It was so humid earlier. I like the warmer temps, but I can handle the humidity.

The other me said...

yep, beautiful here too, whole house scrubbed, wondows open and H is picking the boys up from school and taking them to the park while I do dinner. HEAVEN! I admire you for going to school, I'd never get any homework done in this mad house!

Julie Q said...

Oops, I meant I can't handle the humidity! :) I wish we could edit our comments on blogger. :)