Friday, April 06, 2007

Bummer News

Mom told me today that grandma and aunt bev won't be making it for Easter. They are sick with bronchitis or the likes. Such a bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing them. I haven't broken the news to Makenneh yet, as I know she will be disappointed! She loves her gma with Whipe hair! (funny how she uses hair color to differentiate her gmas..and then says whipe for white...lol)l.

I called today to invite mother in law to my brother's for dinner...she said no bc it would be too confusing...lol. I thought it a funny statement to make and even questioned her on it...by saying, "too confusing?" She didn't say much more. I assured her it would be no problem, but she said that she is going to see if brother in law (he is 21ish) wants to go to dinner and a movie. So, i guess that's her plans. I don't know. I feel kinda bad, but I don't want to give up my family's big to do to just "hang out" as if it were any other day. My family has always had plans for holidays and made big meals, etc. They haven't always done that..and kinda take it year by year doing whatever they decide at last minute. I'm gonna call my brother right now to find out what time dinner is going to be...we also plan on going to church that morning...so im trying to see if we will have time to stop by her place...of course, Jeremy has to work Monday morning..so we won't be able to be out late!

I picked up a few more things for the kids' baskets today...it's actually more even than i thought. It is just so much easier to find things to put in Makenneh's basket than Sebastian's. I can go to Family Dollar and pick up cute hair things, little trinkets, stickers, etc for Makenneh but nothing worth having for Sebastian. It doesn't help that he isn't into anything and is still a bit too young for bubbles and stuff (although, he is getting some..they are the cool bubbles that don't immidiately pop..you can hold on to them. I thought the kids would really like them). He eats play dough, so i hate to get him much of that...come to think about it..he pretty much eats everything. Maybe he was a garbage disposal in his last life...lol. JK bc i don't really believe in reincarnation, but it sounded good.

Now that both kids are finally asleep, I went and sorted Easter stuff and they each have the exact same number of items in their basket...dang i did good! I would like to get them each a shirt at least...but we will see. We don't do the fancy Easter dress/suit thing around here, bc it would get only one use...so we instead usually get them a nice, springy outfit that can be worn many times. Makenneh has a beautiful skirt that I would like to get a shirt to match..and Seb has tons of khaki/dress pants so if i got him a cute dressier shirt, that would make them set!

I just talked to my sis and she got the baby gift already...she got a UofM diaper bag and it's going to be filled with all UofM stuff...rattle, bib, outfit, teddy bear, one of those little "security blankies with the silky edges and the head of a teddy bear at one corner and the feet at the opposite corner...then some staple items like wipes, baby bath and lotion. It's going to be cute! I still have no idea what I'm gonna get. The kid already has more clothes than any kid i've known and Makenneh had tons when she was a baby...so i dont' want to get more clothes, just bc it is next to impossible for them to wear "that" many clothes before growing out of them. I was planning on doing a lil gift bag for mommy too...with things to pamper herself before baby arrives. Someone did that for me and I loved it.

Well, Im gonna get off here and finish up online..then try to get to sleep. I had another nap tonight, so yep, i'm not feeling so tired!

And if I am too busy to blog again til then, Happy Easter to everyone! And Aunt Bev, if you are reading this...you and grandma get better soon! Get plenty of rest! We will all miss you this weekend!

3 comments:

The other me said...

Have a great Easter! H does the boys baskets ( ha ha I did the shopping though as he was leaving it way too late!) I did Sophie's and my sister's as she has Eli every week for us, he adores her so he gives her a beautiful basket every year. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Christina, thanks for the well wishes. We are so sorry to be missing the visit. I feel i may be turning the corner to recovery. Just have to cough to clear the 'critter carcuses' out of my lungs and occasionally blow my nose, instead of constantly. That is like too much info, eh?

Don't tell Makenneh, but watch your mail box for a little surprise.

Love you,

Julie Q said...

That is a bummer Christina. :( Hopefully you will enjoy the day anyway. I think it is very sweet of you to invite your mil. :)

Have a wonderful Easter! I'm glad you are happy with what you were able to pick up for your little ones. I am finally finished myself. Only it wasn't the little one that had me stumped! :)

I think diapers are a great shower gift. If ornaments are out for next Christmas anywhere, a baby's first Christmas ornament? I don't know when the shower is. You've probably mentioned it though. :)