Friday, April 20, 2007

The scoop

The cost to fix the car was very minimal. I was so happy! The studs were 1.00ish each and the lug nuts were around the same. NO biggie. Of course, one thing led to another it took Jeremy about 4 hours to finish the task..he stripped something and was just having other issues. but alas, the car is fixed, for now!

While at my mom's today (where i spent most of hte day), my throat went from a sore, irritated throat to a full blown, swollen, painful throat. I had mom check and she sees the white puss sacs forming. So, im pretty darn sure it's strep. Which is great with no insurance. I will have ot call my caseworker on Monday and see if she can get something done with insurance for us. There is no way we can ever afford to pay for it through Jeremy's employer...over 200.00 a month. And I just have too many medical issues with female problems, depression and my bi-annual bouts of bronchitis. The strep is a new thing for me..i don't think ive ever had it. I've heard how miserable it is, but i have seemed to avoid it until now.

Makenneh had a horrilbe day. Both kids needed a nap, they were up early, played very hard, were outside most of hte day and she just got very crabby. Then, after the crabby came whiney. She almost backed out on gma n papa. Well, she would have, but we didn't leave til after she fell asleep. We knew that if she missed out on going to great gmas tomorrow, she would not be happy. She was just overly tired and beside herself. I got her all comfy, tucked in and we watched a movie, papa popped some popcorn and she was in the middle of eating it when she fell asleep, hand in the popcorn bowl. It was too precious.

Does anyone have some good home remedies to at least dull this sore throat pain? I know gargling with warm salt water helps. i will try that. I just had a fudgesicle (we didn't have any popsicles, so that had to work). IT felt so good to stick it on the back of my throat. I have never had this kinda of sore throat. It itches, it hurts, i can't swallow without feeling as if i'll choke. My ears hurt, my jaw hurts...and i can't even think of having relief before monday in the way of antibiotics. Jeremy's cousin does get a lot of samples from work (she works in a dr office) so i might see if she has some antibiotics. I know it's not good to do that, but it might bring me some relief until I can get something sqaured away with insurance.

Well, im off here to get some sleep...hopefully i can get a good night's sleep btwn coughing to beat the bandit and the sore throat!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Now I am going to sound motherly. ;) Strep throat is awful. Nothing to let go. I know how much doctors cost. A public hospital should see you if you need to go before Monday.

Strep is also highly contagious. If the kids don't have it yet, they might get it too. And yes, Jeremy too.

If you have to wait until Monday, I really don't know what you can do. If it is strep, you could be very ill by Monday, depending on how bad it effects you. It really drains your body of energy. I haven't had it for years, but my kids have.

Maybe take a few motrin/ibuprophen? Like three or four of them?

I found this when I googled home remedies and it has some good information on this site.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Effective-Home-Remedies-for-Strep-Throat&id=225748

I hope you feel better soon. I will be keeping you in my thoughts sweetie!!