Friday, April 13, 2007

He pissed a me

That's what Makenneh said! Talking about her cat. She tries so hard to say hissed, but it always comes out pissed. It is commical to hear her talk about cats hissing at her. We were laughing so darn hard. I needed to laugh. Lord knows that girl has caused me plenty of grief these last few days. I was ready to sell her to the Indians or sumfin! UGh! My girl was just getting to be a big girl who had begun to listen and follow directions and use her manners. Then, these last few days it was as if she regressed! But, i think we are back on track now!

My big girl turns 4 tomorrow! I can't believe it. I try to figure out where the time went. But, no matter where it went, it went! We have planned a little party for her at my sister's. That's where she wanted it at. She loves the farm! She will hopefully get to ride the horses! The weather is supposed to be nice. Surprise! THey were predicting snow and cold and cloudy. Now they are saying sunny and 52, no snow! The Lord smiles down on these kids when it comes to weather for their parties! We have been so lucky to always have nice weather on the day of their parties! IT may rain and snow and be cold all the days between, but we get pretty lucky. It's a darn good thing, too, as I cannot afford to have it somewhere indoors and we don't have a big enough place for guests here.

Anyway, the last few days have been rough around here and i sure hope that the following week is much better than the previous! I know that weather-wise, it's supposed to be better! Sunshine and warmer temps. The kids may actually get to use the kites they got for Easter!

I still haven't gotten her bday present. i am not sure what to get her. So, i will be doing that tomorrow, along with making the cakes and getting everything ready. Nothing like waiting til the last minute! But, im a procrastinator and that's how i do things. Well, that and there is this thing called money! It's needed for most anything you do! LOL.

My leg has been giving me problems. I fell on some ice a year ago and didn't go in. I thought I would be fine. Of course, a lot of ppl told me i should go in and talk to a lawyer. The big thing is that when i fell, the person at the gas station working didn't offer any assistance, didn't show an ounce of concern, didn't offer for me to use the phone, nothing! If it weren't for the wonderful couple there pumping gas at the time, I don't know how long i would have laid there, legs split every which way, in pain! They were truly a blessing and I was so thankful they were there when they were! The man helped me up and they let me use their cell to call my brother (who didn't have a car at the time) and to call home! They kept asking if i was ok, if i wanted an ambulance, etc. Well, bc I am too kind at times, I didn't want to even think about suing. So, I sucked it up and now it's looking like I'll be "sucking it up" for a long time to come. I am having these pains...my leg gives out, goes numb, just hurts like hell. I have no insurance now and no way to even try to get it taken care of. I am thinking there is something wrong with the nerves. I get numbness and pain from my buttocks to my ankle. I haven't been able to stand too long, walk too far, nothing. I hope i can get something figured out with insurance soon and get it looked at. I hope that whatever the problem it is fixable and not something i will have to deal with forever!

I have to tell you this, bc i am ready to blow up! LOL. I let the kids stay the night last night and 2 of the 3 are staying again tonight. Well, we went to my sister's for a bit and all the kids had a piece of gum. Well, one of them is chewing that stuff like a cow chews cud. I have told him repeatedly that i don't want to hear him chewing his gum. IT irritates me. Well, here i sit typing, and there he lays, chomping that damn gum! How many times must a 16 yr old be told to chew quietly. Is it really that hard to do? I have never had a problem with it, myself. You keep your lips closed and nobody hears it! Period. End of story! IT's freakin Dentyne Classic. It isn't even bubble gum or anything. It's not like its a huge wad of gum. But, to hear him chew it, you would swear its a whole pack of bubblicious! God help me!

WEll, i will get off here and finish my rounds on the net. I took some tylenol sore throat nighttime, so im sure it will be knocking me out soon. I didn't want to be knockedout, but it was the only sore throat med i had in the house. And my throat is starting to really hurt. I hope it is more from dryness than a bug!

Well, Makenneh is calling me...she wants her silky blanket, which conveniently, is being used by little brother, who is sleeping! I will have to do find a peaceful solution!

1 comment:

Ranni said...

I found your blog I think through someone else's blog and have enjoyed reading you!

I slipped on ice in Jan. of 2005. It was around 8pm and by the next morning, I couldn't walk. It was as if someone had replaced my entire knee with jello. When I slipped, I didn't fall. I locked my knee instead to keep from falling. That resulted in ripping a 9mm chunk of cartilidge out as well as damaging my ACL and PCL ligaments and the back menisca. I had surgery that July and I still can't walk very far, stand very long and it's still painful and swells with activity.

My point is not doing anything about your possible knee or back injury could be worse for you in the long run. I get the not having insurance. I have 4 kids and went for years without insurance on me so we could keep it on them. Go to the ER one night complaining of pain and problems walking. I used to do that and pay 10-20 a month on the bill thanks to the billing office arranging payments. They may not be able to make an absolute diagnosis, but they may be able to give you an idea of what's wrong and what to do for it. You *could* have a back injury that's pressing on that nerve that runs across your bum and down your leg.

I went about getting my knee fixed the wrong way and my kids suffered for it, and still are. I can't play soccer with them anymore or really any of the outside activities we used to do. I'm in a wheelchair when I shop as I can't even walk around Wal-Mart before my knee gives out.

Sorry this is so long but I feel your pain and know all to well what can happen in terms of being a mom with kids when you don't get the treatment you need. Take care.