Thursday, April 05, 2007

What heppened??

ETA...as soon as i hit post, i noticed the title...how funny that i misspelled happen. I laughed when i saw it and thought, i am not gonna change it..it's too freakin funny....but at the same time, my anal retentiveness regarding spelling got the best of me and i couldn't let the blog world assume that i couldn't spell happen, so i had to make note of it. LOL.


Yeah, so there is snow on the ground...accumulation! I so figured it would snow, not stick, be done. But noooooo! I had to scrape my car off to run to the store...after almost falling on my ass walking to the car! So not happy about it! They even had to shut down part of the main expressway due to conditions and bad accidents! This is April and Spring has officially started. Yes, i know I live in MI...but I am ready for SPRING, darn it. I want to be able to have nice spring weather on easter,...the weather you can put a jacket on and go out and hunt for easter eggs...ya know..the images that come to mind when one thinks of Easter. oh well, I don't suppose I can write a letter of complaint to Mother Nature or the Lord above...something tells me I won't get my way....lol.

I know I've been complaining on my period a lot this time...but this month is kicking my butt, good! My schedule (if i ever really had one...) is all out of whack. I have taken naps almost every evening, causing me to stay up late unable to sleep. I just tried going to bed, but i got in there, laid down and couldn't fall asleep...so i finally decided to get up and try it again! And here I am. Maybe once i get some thoughts out, i will be tired enough to sleep.

I talked to my mom tonight (nothing new, i talk to her every day, usually several times a day)...and heard some very disturbing news. Apparently, my uncle (the one who moved his family to arizona last month) plans to borrow some money from a friend to get a train ticket and come back...leaving his wife and kids behind, bc he is "sick of her shit and wants to leave." How kind and thoughtful of him to move his family across the country and then plan to ditch them when they have no family, friends, nothing! I am sickened by this. How could a real man even contemplate such an assanine move? I feel it is his responsibility/duty to at least move them back up here. If he does this, she has no one to borrow money from to get back home. she will be stuck down there, far away from the only life she has ever known. Niether of her parents are in the financial spot to help her, nor is anyone else. And from what i have heard, the kids hate it there, as does she. We all kinda figured he was making this move in an effort to split up with her...but we all thought he would get done there (by himself) and then tell her it's over. WE never thought he would move them all down there and ditch em. What an ass! Im sorry but there is no other words for it! I am absolutely appalled! I truly hope he is just blowing smoke and doens't go through with it. And in the meantime, I hope she is wise to his crap and stashes money aside as often and as much as possible to get her and those girls home safely should he split! The thing is, though, i don't even know if she knows of his intentions to leave. And if he goes through with it and even assuming her and the girls are able to get back home to MI, where will they go and they have absolutely nothing to their names. They sold everything before moving down there. I don't care so much about him being without, but the kids don't deserve that. He can stay with his drinking buddies and have all that he needs, but those kids need things! I just wish that once, he would think things through before taking flying leaps with no regard to the future. He just jumps without looking/thinking. He had it in his head that by moving to AZ, all their problems would be solved, they would be able to make lots of money, live good and not have a worry! Nothing in life is quite that simple! I guess we will see what comes out of it! I just get sick thinking about the possibility of her and those kids being stuck down there with nothing and nobody!

My sister gave me her eyeglasses bc we have about the same prescription and mine were broken...no insurance to get new ones and she had corrective eye surgery and no longer needs hers. It is bizarre to only be able to see correctly out off small little ovals. it is making me sick to my stomach. I am so used to my contacts..being able to see correctly, even peripheal view. Of course, her glasses are these cute tiny things that are barely larger than my eyes are. however, i can see better with the glasses bc they are closer to the correction that i need. I think ill hang out in them for a while and give my poor eyes a break from contacts.

Well, it's spring break time...i am looking forward to the break from driving Makenneh to and from school. It gets to be a bit much after awhile! What I'm not looking forward to is the kids all wanting to stay the night here. I don't get it. I have nothing fun to do here for the bigger kids. Of course, Desiree likes having the internet...which, honestly, i don't share often anyway. But other than that...it seems like it would be boring! And I am no good at entertaining kids.

Easter dinner is looking to bring quite a full house. We are having it at my brothers and it's going to be my parents, sister, ralph and Chris, me, jeremy and kids, matt and sara (of course, they are hosting..lol), the clients (most of the women in their foster home aren't going to family for the holiday), Sara's mom and step-dad, her sis and her bf, her step brother and his gf, her step sis and her boyfriend, my gma and aunt bev, uncle john....i don't think i have forgotten anyone. And tons and tons of food. I suppose there will be enough food to feed an army! I may see if i can invite my mother in law, which im not overly excited to do, but she may otherwise have nothing to do, nowhere to go and I am a firm believer that nobody should be alone on a holiday! I will just cross my fingers tightly that she already has plans...lol!

Well, I suppose the novel is long enough and maybe now i can go to sleep!

2 comments:

The other me said...

Just tell those big kids NO! Easter sounds like it will be fun, we're having dinner here and inviting mum and my sister, quiet-ish. Have fun! Oh and your uncle....words fail me. I would be so tempted to call the wife and let her in on the secret so she can get out before him!!

Julie Q said...

We have some snow this morning too! I wish it would bring Ken home early today, but it won't. It looks pretty and it will melt quickly. That is what I like about spring snow. It doesn't stay for long. It just can't. :)

Your Uncle sounds terrible. To want to leave his children and their Mother behind. That is just sad.

I agree with Helen. Tell the big kids no. Tell them you need a break before summer and this is it! Otherwise they will have to stay away all summer. ;) he he Good luck with all that. Teenagers can be so trying!