Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rough Night

I spent most of the night coughing my brains out. My poor head started to ache from all the coughing. At one point, Jeremy muttered something in his sleep about the damn coughing and I got mad and went to sleep in the kids' bedroom. LOL.

He woke up this morning, came in and asked me why i was sleeping in there. I muttered "bc". HE said, well why didn't you sleep in bed with me? I told him bc he was bitching about my coughing. He had no recollection. I knew at the time, even, that he was prob sleeping and wasn't really aware of it, but i guess, i was just so tired from the constant broken sleep, that i decided to get an attitude about it and sleep elsewhere. I must admit that once i fell asleep in their bed, I slept quite well!

Mark and Missy were expected to arrive at the trainstation,here, today. BUt, my mom talked to them yesterday and they experienced a huge delay. First, the train broke down on the tracks. They sat on the tracks for 5 hours! Then, they finally got that taken care but had to switch conductors due to the time restraints placed on conductors (they can only operate a train for so many consecutive hours). So, they had to stop in some remote place to get a new conductor. Then, they hit Texas. Yes, all of that happened before TX, just from Phoenix, AZ. TX had a bunch of tornados, so amtrack had to put everyone up in a hotel and give them food vouchers. So, they had to stay overnight at a hotel. THey were put back 24 hours! So, they will be arriving tomorrow! What a trip! Thankfully Makenneh has seemed to have forgotten that Allana is coming home. Otherwise, she would be hounding me wanting to know when she will be home. She has already asked if she can stay with Allana when she gets home. She doesn't understand that they don't get to go back to the place they lived before leaving. They will be staying with my Uncle Ken. I'm not mentioning lala (as Makenneh calls her) and that way she can be surprised when i load her in the car and take her to see lala!

The kids are being very good this morning. I was even able to sneak into the shower. I was so happy when i got out and saw they were both laying on the couch watching cartoons! I was so sure that I would come to regret my quick (less than 10 min) shower. But man my hair needed washed! I couldn't wait one more min. LOL. They are both in good moods and just being good! Can i bottle this up for later?

Well, it's a "Cat in the Hat" kinda day....rainy and chilly. No sunshine today!

Well, im off for now....need to get something to eat!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I hope they do behave all day. Can be such a long day stuck inside on a rainy day. Although, we needed the rain. Too many fire danger warnings already this spring.

Oh, I tagged you on my blog, when/if you have the time. :) Normally I wouldn't nag, but someone made up that rule to let the person you tagged, know you tagged them. :)