Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cooties, cars and other things

I have cought some cooties. My throat is sore, i have a nasty cough and full of congestion. I feel a bit like death warmed over. I just want to sleep, but these 2 offspring of mine refuse to allow such luxury. So keep on,I must. Stick some toothpicks in the heavy, goopy, crusty eyelids to keep them open, use the little energy left to get several different drinks, snacks, movies, toys, what have yous...just keep going on. I got up today and thought i would go to moms, visit, maybe sneak in a nap. I get about 4 driveways before my mom's and the car starts weebling and wobbling and shaking and oh my, what is going on? I thought i had a flat..pulled in, parked, check..no flat. Hmmm. OH well, maybe it was my imagination. I hang out, mom leaves for training for her new job. I decide to load kids up and go home. get in car, put in reverse...eww, clunky pitiful happenings. I back up, put in drive and start to go and stop before the end of hte short driveway.. Call Uncle Ken who lives down the road and knows about cars. Only, he is at work. Hmph! Call jeremy at work, not that he can be of any assistance, but misery does love company. He doesn't answer. So, park car back in parking spot, sit and contemplate my next move. Decide to just head back in the house and wait for jeremy to call, mom to come home, uncle to get out of work, something, anything? jeremy called back and we decided it best if he had his coworker drop him off at my parents' house. So, he gets there, gets the keys. He is gone all of a few mins. Comes in, tosses keys on table, says, I don't even need to start it to see the problem....4 studs broke off. That meant, one lone stud/lugnut was holding that tire on. So, it will have to get fixed tomorrow, when he gets his check. Yippee. Not in the budget. Hell, we don't even have enough money to call a budget. More like juggling act. So, mom has my brother's car, bc they are down to one vehicle themselves. brother's car doesn't have enough room for all of us to get home, so i had to call my aunt.

Needless to say, i never did manage a nap. Did get a few mins of rest...but no sleep. Tomorrow night, Makenneh is staying with my parents, then going up north with them saturday to see gma on her bday. Makenneh is so excited! She just adores her "great gma with whipe hair". Can't blame her. Great Grandma earned every white hair she has! She is the epitome of grandmas. Kind and gentle, quit and soft-spoken. Cookie jars with cookies (yeah, so what if they are mollasses cookies...I loved em anyway), stories and walks and treasures and, and, and....Come to think of it, i also think she has some secret...she has always been a hard worker, keeping her hands busy, getting them dirty, be it cooking a huge meal fit for royalty or weeding gardens or planting flowers or chopping wood or shoveling snow. But those hands are the softest hands i have ever felt. Soft like cotton and silky as silk can be. *what uplifting thoughts to reminisce*

My mother in law called today and said to bring Sebastian over at 4pm on Saturday...she is keeping him for the night! Now I know that God has sent me some angels! I have needed a break. I need some rest and relaxation. I need some time to myself. The uglies have crept into my being lately and I hanging by a thread. Thank you for giving me a break..time to repair my rope and maybe add a few good knots for better gripping! LOL.

Then, there is a big mess stirring up in the family (mom's side). It's a lot to go into. I can give the abbreviated version. My aunt and uncle that moved to AZ (mark and mis) stored their 4wheeler (quad) at another aunt/uncles(Michelle and Brian). Well, saturday night, they notice the quad missing, call the police. NOw, if you have been reading my blog for long, you know that i'm not a big fan of mark's. We have had some big issues and he lacks character in many ways. Keep this in mind. Well, when the police arrive and m & b's to make a report of stolen quad, brian goes further to make a statement (yes, documented statement) to the police that he thinks Mark did it and he has been known to do stuff like this before and they had just filed bankruptcy and hard for money, yada yada. Why he felt compelled to say all of that, i will never really know (well, i have my suspicions, think psychology class and defense mechanisms). So, police call mark (In AZ no less) and tell him that he is under investigation for fraud. Now would be a great time to inform you that mark has no insurance on this machine. So, it being stolen just means, he is out the machine and still owes the creditor. Mark told officer that he had nothing to do with it and would come to MI right then to submit to lie detector. I mean, there's a lot at stake here, with these accusations. Mark was very upset that brian would say/do this. Anyway, Mark told the police a couple days later that they should be looking into brian then, too. I don't know any details of the convo btwn mark and the officer. I do know that now brian is under investigation and i guess they want him to submit to lie detector. I mean, we are looking at fraud and whatnot here. so, there is a huge uproar in the family. On top of this, Mis has been very ill since moving to AZ. She went to doc and finally got blood results back..she has mountain sickness (don't know the fancy name) and will only get worse if she stays. So, they had already decided to get back to MI. So, they are leaving Sunday, arriving in MI on Wed. It's just a mess and is going to cause huge divisions. I don't understand why brian felt the need to say so much to the officer in the first place. It just makes no sense. So, we have all these "family oriented" functions coming up (baby shower, bridal showers, weddings, etc) and htere is a huge feud going on. And it's only gonna get worse, bc i really think someone is going to end up in jail over it. Someone is lying somewhere. I am not going to say one way or the other, but i just know the truth will be found! Ugh. FAmily, can't live with em, can't shoot em...well, u could, but you go to jail. LOL. So, just pack up and move away! ALthough, mark tried that and it didnt' seem to matter, much! I think i shall stay in my own little bubble, living my own little life, crappy as it may be. They can all chuck spears at each other til there is nothing left. Meanwhile, Ill be over here, in my little corner of the world, hopefully blissfully ignorant to the ingorance and child like behaviors of others. Helen, wouldn't love to have a visitor? LOL.
So, there, got that off my chest. I don't want to talk about it to anyone in the family, bc i don't want to be in the middle of anything. I will let them all kill each other, as they are seeming to do such a fine job of it.

The past few nights have been blissful. THe kids have gone to bed without so much as a fight. I am loving it! Amen to nicer weather to wear little bodies right out! I need to get packing Makenneh's bag for her little trip. I will do it tomorrow when I am trapped at home with no car!

And now, I think I am heading to bed....sweet dreams

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

You are right a huge mess! But with no insurance, I don't see fraud charges being brought up against Mark. I am glad to hear he's not just leaving his wife in AZ.

So sorry to hear about your car Christina. When you have little ones there is always something. People always used to tell me "It will get better." I didn't believe them. I should have, but I didn't. So, here I am, saying to you, it will get better. :)

Woo hoo for the break! I would have loved that when my kids were little. It never happened for me, I guess that is why I went to work. Well, that and we needed food. :)

Enjoy your day off! Oh I'd sleep! :) I love sleep! If I wasn't sleeping, I'd still spend the day in bed. Just relaxing, reading, eating. Ah. :)

The other me said...

Poor you! Get better soon and enjoy Seb's sleepover...can Mac go too??
Darn car even reading about the car troubles had me go cold in sympathy, wheel lugs shouldn't cost too much though should they?