Saturday, April 14, 2007

Done with Bdays for now

Well, we survived another bday party! The weather was nowhere as nice as predicted. It was too cold to be outside...so everything was indoors. We were a lil cramped, but survived! Makenneh had a good time but didn't get to ride horses!

I on the other hand, was a ball of nerves. I was just so irritable! I felt like i ran and ran and spun my wheels and things just got too stressful. Then, when ppl started arriving at my sisters, they congregated in the kitchen, under feet while I was trying to get dinner done and ready for everyone to eat. THey weren't helping, they weren't doing anything but being in the way! Well, i found that I think mostly they were just waiting to be first in line. I have never seen a group of adults (mostly) act so much like scavengers. It was nuts! Ppl were coming back for seconds before I had even fixed my freakin plate. AAHHHH! Just glad it's over! Next year, she will be 5 and I will take her and a couple friends somewhere and call it a day! No more of this mess, i tell ya!

I am exhausted and ready for bed. On one hand. On the other hand, i just want to sit up til everyone is asleep and enjoy some time to myself! Something tells me i won't last that long though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina, this is Lynn and Anna from Germany. We are just about to go out in the sun to hang out, enjoy the nice weather and plan our trip to Michigan. Love from Europe.

Julie Q said...

Our birthdays here span from 12/25 to 3/2. All six of us. :) It's crazy isn't it? :)

Sorry it didn't warm up enough for the horse rides. And yes, I've had company waiting for food too. Not even asking to help with preparing it. So frustrating.