Friday, April 27, 2007

They made it back

Well Mark, Mis and the girls have made it back, after a horrendous trip via train! I think i had posted about all the trouble they had. Well, they landed in Flint about 1am! Makenneh will be so happy to get to see allana! Of course, our car is broke again! Two of the 5 studs that Jeremy just changed last friday are broken again. He was told that it is probably the rim causing it. So,that means we need a new rim! Yippee! We are drowning financially and this car is just sucking more money out of us. We need to get rid of it. But, can't afford to do that. Hopefully it will hang on long enough for me to get going in school and maybe qualify for a student loan to get a decent car. ALthough, i don't hold my breath on student loans...they seem to be very hard to obtain. My sister, who is 22, has steady work history, makes as much (if not more than Jeremy), has great credit, yada yada, can't get student loans. My brother in law, while he doesn't make much money (he is a full time student), he has a lot of trouble getting them. They make it sound like you go to college and you will qualify for these loans. I've yet to meet someone who had it easy obtaining one! And heck, my poor brother in law is going for a phD, and attending UofM...expensive as all get out.

Anyway, last night was the most beautiful night i have had in a very long time! I even felt weepy with delight! WE watched Cheaper by the Dozen (Makenneh loves these movies) and the kids were awesome and loving and cuddly and we sat together on the couch and just had a wonderful time!

And I have to share some cute ideas of Makenneh's. One...she wants me to have lots of kids! She said we need a big house so we can have lots and lots of kids. IS she crazy? I find it cute..of course, i can find it cute, bc i know we can't have anymore...lol. Second...The oldest kid on the movie (she is married) is pg and makenneh says, she has a big belly bc she has a baby in there, just like me. and when i grow up and get married, my baby will come out! Wonderful, so that's how reproduction works. aNd here I thought the stork brought babies! Who was i kidding? I just think it's so cute to here her talk about this stuff. Ever since Aunt Sara got pg, Makenneh has been fascinated with the idea of a baby in her belly!

Well, mom and Mis just stopped by to pick Makenneh up so she can go see Allana. Makenneh was still sleeping. I went in to wake her up and told her that Aunt Missy was here to get her so she could go see allana and she got the biggest smile and jumped right up! She is so happy! I wish my car wasn't broke so i could just drive over there, but oh well! That's life! We wouldn't all fit in the car, so that's why Seb and I stayed home! (mom is driving my brother's little saturn...2 door, 4 seater!)

It looks like it's going to be another rainy day! I guess...April showers bring May flowers! And it's better to have adequate rainfall...good for the crops, reduces risks of field fires, prevents fire bans, etc. So, I'll take some rain!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Yes and it will enable us to have campfires when we go camping. Got to love the rain! :)

I used to love family movie nights. Now, they are few and far between. Too many different tastes for them.

My kids loved Big and Short Circuit when they were younger.