Monday, April 02, 2007

Just give me my pills...

Today was a prozac day for sure! Of course, it doesn't help that it's my time of the month and so my hormones are whacky anyway. But, it started out good...i had posted on freecycle asking for a push mower. I figured it was a far shot,but couldn't hurt to ask. Well, by this morning, i had a response. So, tomorrow we will go to get the mower. Anyway, after that, I called the college to confirm that registration starts today and make sure i could register at the local campus rather than going to the main one. Good thing i thought to call. The lady was like, i just learned a few seconds ago that registration begins today. We don't even have the books with teh classes being offered, but if you know what classes y;ou want, i can get you signed up. I informed her that this is my first semester back since 1999.
phone lady...so you need to see a counselor?
me....yes.
her...well, we had a schedule change so if you can get in here around 1130, he can see you. (It is 1045 now and have to get kids ready and to my moms). But i told her i would try. She took my name.

I get us in the car and driving...call my mom to make sure she can watch them right now. Well, she was at my sisters doing her taxes. So, she said i could drop them off there. Well, i hang up with her and call the college back to see how long counselor would be in.
she.....well, until 1230 but he is booked. we have someone coming in at...oh wait, booked, too.
How bout i take your name and number and call you when we figure out when we can get you in.
me (irritated and frustrated and on the brink of tears)...ok, fine...give her my info.

I was already more than half way to my sis's so i figured i would still go there, while i sort through my options. I get there and i am just so upset and frustrated. i just wanted to be home...i wanted to mope and be by myself. But, i tried to hold myself together, visited for a lil bit then we came home. I called the main campus and they said i could come in, first come first serve, no need for appt, they were open til 7pm. Great, i figure i will wait for jeremy to get home and go up there. A bit later, i call my mom and she said i could bring the kids over if i wanted to go now. Well, ive been so excited to get this done, that i opted to go. I take my kids ot my moms (in one direction), head to the college (back in the other direction, past my house). I get there, tell them what im there for, fill out the form, sit and wait. They put my info into the system, print off some papers and call my name. Told me i needed to do a name change, so to go to the registration dept. So, i go over to the lady sitting at the "take a number" booth. I tell her what i have to do and she says i need the payment dept and gave me a paper i needed to fill out...so i push the button for a number for the payment dept., fill out the form and I wait. My number comes up, i tell her what i need, get that taken care of. Then, i go back and wait for my name to be called to see a counselor. She calls my name...i go back...she prints off my transcript from 1999 when i attended, we discuss the major im seeking,e tc. Then she tells me that bc im financial aid and it's not deposited to my account yet that i need to go to financial aid dept and show them my SAR so they can give me a slip that will enable her to register me. UGH! So, i go back to the kiosk, take a number for financial aid...and wait for my number. I get back there and show her my SAR...she says that I have to bring in all my tax info as i was selected for review...SO, by this time i am ready to just give up...but there is that strong desire. I want to do this!!! So, i ask her if i just bring those in or do i need to wait. She said that the school will be sending me a packet and when they send it, i bring all of that stuff back in. When can i expect to receive this packet? End of april, beginning of may! OMG...I JUST WANT TO FURTHER MY DAMN EDUCATION PPL....Im not applying for the CIA or FBI or anything. For real! So, i gather my stuff and sulk the entire way to my car. I had been fighting tears all day...and this was just another moment. I sat in my car, feeling defeated and hopeless. I head to my moms and get the kids...come home and just sat on the couch reading my romance novel...for the entire evening..aside from the time i cooked dinner. It really isn't the end of the world, i just have to wait. But i am pissed that i have made so many phone calls to that college to inquire about my financial aid and registering and not one of the many ppl i spoke with bothered to tell me that i can expect something in the mail. I even told them that I hadn't received anything and they said that i can print the SAR from the internet...which i did. IT just seems that none of these departments work together and share info and that they are just unorganized...maybe it's the work study students they have working phones or something, i don't know. But it was very frustrating! So close, yet so far away! Back to waiting!

So, that's the summary of my less than lovely day!
And as with the past few nights, Makenneh is sounding congested and yucky...it's been this way every night. she seems fine during the day...but come night, she sounds awful! And Sebastian has a runny nose and some congestion. I know this weather constantly changing doesn't help anything...but there's no control over that!

Well, im off here to do my rounds...

Oh, can you say a prayer for my uncle...he had the spot removed from his face today that they suspect is skin cancer. Please pray that it comes back fine!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Oh the fun of registering and financial aid! It's a pain in the ass! Those people have given both Amanda and I the run around more than once. So, just prepare yourself mentally. Also they have been more helpful at the university with class picking than the community college was. I really feel for you, for we have been there and it sucks. :(

I'm glad you took some time for yourself last night. I must admit, as dead tired as I was last night, I took a few minutes and read my book before passing out. Ahhh! :)

A child coughing at night is a sign bronchitis also of asthma. That is what my pediatrician told me anyway. If the cough keeps up, you might want to take her in. If only spring would come for good right?!