Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oh, what a weekend

Yeah, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...just haven't had time (or energy when there was a split second) for internet!

Friday the studs starting breaking on the car again. It's bc the rim is bad, so we had to put the donut tire on (small tire for emergency spare). So, I couldn't get anything done friday night. Even had to have my mom pick Makenneh up from school, as this was realized after i had dropped her off. What a nasueating feeling to have a young child at school and not know how in the hell you will get her home. I was ill until i got ahold of my mom. Anyway, Saturday was the babyshower for my brother's gf. I had to make Taco Salad for the shower, plus still needed to get the gift. So, I got up around 9am on Saturday and was out the door before 10. I got the rest of the stuff i needed for the salad, the gift and then had a few other small errands to run (related to the shower) and then was headed to the church to help get ready. The shower was at 2, over by 6 (counting clean up and all). They got tons and tons of stuff, around 50 packs of diapers, a huge tote full of baby bath stuff...Then i went to my mom's because some relatives from out of town were here. So, i ended up staying there until 11pm. Well, most of it was also due to the fact that it was raining and Friday night, after Jeremy put the donut tire on, i attempted to get a few errands out of the way only to have the winshield wipers quit on me before even leaving our mobile home park...so back i came. Anyway, it was raining again sat. night, so i tried waiting it out. Finally,i had to go, bc i needed to get home. Thankfully, about 3 miles away, the rain let up! Needless to say, i came home and crashed.

Then, today i woke up, we puttered around for a bit. Then, the kids were outside on porch, i ran in to grab something, and hear sebastian start crying and makenneh saying he fell....I fly out and Jeremy is grabbing him up and freaking out. He kept saying, Oh my God, OH my God! I felt my life slipping away...it makes me cry now to even recall the horror of that moment. I see blood and jeremy says he split his head open. I freak out and i mean, i didn't know what to do. I took Sebastian, told jeremy to get some wet washcloths and i set him down to look and i just see blood running down his little face. Horrid! I call my mom and tell her. She says she is on her way. Neither JEremy nor I handle these kinds of things well. I start wiping at the blood...and we find the source. THe cut wasn't too bad, once we were able to slow the bleeding. In the midst of all this, i try calling our doctor...get the answering machine, of cours,e as it is sunday. My doc isn't on call, so they give the number for on call doc and i can't remember it, get frustrated, throw jeremy the phone and tell him to redial and get the numbe.r Finally, get through to the answering service for the on call doc and give him the info. By this time, I have sebastian in the tub, where i figure it would be much easier to get him cleaned up and assess the situation.

My mom called back that the tire was flat on the one car and my dad had the other. Jeremy had taken this call. Well, i call her backa nd tell her that im waiting for the doctor to call back. I was in hysterics. She said she will go ahead and come out, but that we should just take him to the ER. Well, i didn't want to take makenneh with us, bc dang, we could be there for eternity and it would be very difficult with her there too! So, i thought i would go see if our neighbor lady was home and if so, have mom come get makenneh from there. Well, then the doc called back, she asked about the size of the cut, the location, etc. She said that they most likely wouldn't stitch it, bc it is on the head and it has stopped bleeding. She also said that if it were her child, she wouldn't go for stitches, bc at that age they have to tie them down and that in itself is far more traumatizing that the stitches themselves. I had to describe the cut in detail to her and she said that she recommends just watching him, applying pressure to stop bleeding. I should note that by this time, he was already down and playing as if nothing had ever happened. tossing football, jumping, running, you name it. Then, mom showed up, i gave her the info. she called another clinic and talked to the nurse, who again said that as long as the bleeding had stopped and it was a gaping wound (it wasn't deep really, more of a surface cut), that they would most likely not stitch. So, we cleaned it up good and headed ot my mom's. When dad got home from church(bout a half hour later), i had him look at it, bc he is good about dealing with that stuff without the fear and hysterics that we mom's tend to react with. HE said that it wouldn't even require stitches and to keep a watch on him. That's what we have been doing. Keeping the wound clean and tonight i bought some liquid bandage stuff to put on it. He played all day today and never had any issues. His pupils were reacting as they should be and everything. So, I am still going to call our doc in the am to let him know and see if he wants me to bring him in. I really appreciate that our doctor and his affiliates are honest and up front. A lot of times, they always say to take them in. Oh they stubbed their toe? take em in. They have a low grade fever, take em in. So, needless to say, today was another long day. While at my mom's jeremy fixed the wipers on the car and replaced the studs that had broken off. We still only have the donut tire on there, bc until we can afford a new rim, that's what we have to do. Mom had a housefull today. The relatives from out of town had stayed at her house last night (her cousins) and they were still there. My aunt Kathy and 2 cousins came over, A. Mis and the girls, U. Ken and the boys, my brother, sara and their clients, U. John....it was a houseful!

I got home, weeded my flower bed, planted a few plants that i had grown inside from seeds, then we came in the kids got baths and we had dinner and relaxed. I had to run to the store to get some things, like the liquid bandage and peroxide and some food. I am exhausted now and ready to hit the hay! Of course, i think i will hit the loveseat instead. The kids fell asleep on the couch watching Spirit, and I will leave them there. I want to be close to Sebastian for the night, bc, well, bc im a mom! LOL. So, i will sleep all hunched up on the loveseat!

Well, i hope everyone else's weekend was much less eventful, at least in the way of injuries! That boy is going to be the death of me! He is all boy! HE has no fear what so ever and that scares me! I'm gonna put him in a bubble!

2 comments:

mom to three great kids said...

Wow!...sounds like a full weekend to me....Glad to hear your little boy is doing much better, amazing how quickly they bounce back from any form of injury...and as for you...wishing you lots of much needed rest...

Julie Q said...

My you have had a busy weekend! And poor Seb! I'm glad he bounced back so quickly though. It sounds like you were given very good advice on how to treat his little head. Stitches are very traumatizine to a child. I know, I had them when I was little. That is what I remember, them strapping me down and my screaming!

Have any decent junk yards around? There have been times in the past we've bought car parts from the junk yard when new was not affordable. Some of them will rip you off, so call around. There is always something with a car isn't there? Our old van is getting to that point. :(