Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's too nice outside...

to be so sick and miserable! It isn't fair! LOL. Yesterday I felt a ok but today, i have done little more than lay on the couch and sleep. Of course, i took my Tylenol Sore Throat medicine that is a "nighttime" medicine, so it has made me sleepy. So, I slept. Because I could. Jeremy woke up me around 4 and said, "are you going to sleep the day away?" I grumbled that i don't feel good, what time is it, anyway?" What he said 4, i sat up. Wow! My mother in law had called, so he returned her call and he is now gone to get Sebastian. I spoke with my mom and they had just left Gma's, so they will be home 530-6. I had Jeremy look at my throat again and he didn't see any white stuff. So, im not sure if what I'm suffering is Strep or if it's a bad sore throat due to all the severe sinus drainage I have going on. I did get some antibiotics from his cousin and am taking them. I will continue to take them until I can get to a doctor. We do have a County Health Plan that is free to low-income families (for adults who don't qualify for state insurance). I know that I could get on that, so i might just have to go down and sign up. I kinda wanted to wait til i hear from my caseworker as to whether or not i could get the medicaid back (state ins). The medicaid covers way more and is just a much better insurance. I'm afraid that once i get the county health plan, i will be stuck with that even if i could have the medicaid instead. And the co. health plan, while very nice, just doesn't cover much but trips to doctor/Rx..don't need the ER or surgery or anything of that sort, they don't pay.

I really hate being sick. I know, nobody likes it..but I cannot lay down and rest like i need to. Even without kids, i want to be able to get up and go about my day. But, rest is crucial to getting better. This time, though, the energy is zapped, so really, while I want to get up and do things, my body doesn't let me. I get so tired and drained. Even sitting here at puter wears me out. Forget the dishes or laundry that are both piled up.

So, without any kids last night, we rented a few movies, watched them and spent time together. It was very nice. Just relaxing and peaceful.

It is around 80* F today...quite warm, especially when you consider that just last week, it was snowing! the sun is shining bright and it is just beautiful out. Today is the warmest day we are going to have this week. The rest of the week looks like it'll be around 50-60s. That is more normal for this time of year..and of course, the spring showers are in the forecast as well.

Well, im off here to enjoy the last few mins of my peace and quiet before Jeremy arrives back home with Sebastian! Hope everyone had a great weekend! And avoid those sick bugs!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got some rest. I hope you get to see a doctor soon.

I also hope the medicaid works out for you. I know they usually only like to give it to children. They really cut the programs when John Engler (sp) took over years ago.