Saturday, June 24, 2006

Another day, another dollar

I am feeling like shit. I have a scratchy throat that leads to constant coughing. And it's a dry cough. My throat and chest hurt from the dry cough. To top it off, I had a headache all day today and the coughing wasn't helping the least. But, i had to suck it up, bc I had to work tonight. It went ok. I ended up being the only cashier open besides the UScan. What fun that was! Put the newbie on by herself. The Uscan clerk and one of the courtesy clerks were telling me that the new Customer Service manager must have come from a smaller store, bc she has been doing this kinda thing lately...scheduling too few cashiers for friday nights. There was supposed to be 2, but the one girl called in. Still, with me being new....what would have happened if i decided not to come back or something..lol.

Anyway, my head is still aching and throat still scratchy...so Im off here to try to catch some sleep. Gotta work tomorrow 12-7.

Oh, and btw, Jeremy went into our family doctor today. He gave him a Rx and told him to take some stool softeners and stuff ...and wants to schedule him for a procedure (Jeremy couldn't remember the name of it, but like a colonoscopy only not as intrusive). So, he will go back to work on Monday, but then have to take a day off for the procedure. I just hope it all works out! Im sure it will....he is known to be a pain in the ass...lol.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

That really stinks they did that to you at work! You are right, what if you had not shown up. They would have been stuck. And on a Friday yet! :)

I hope Jeremy is feeling better. That all sounds awful.

Sorry you are feeling so awful. Sometimes Formula 44E works good for me and a cough. Then there are always Halls cough drops. Gosh that reminds me of working when I was sick! I hope you feel better soon too!

And yes, freezer jam is what I'm making. Yummy! It is not hard to make. Just need a day and fresh berries. And a ton of sugar and sure jel! :)

JEFFY said...

I sure hope you are feeling better and hubby too! Bless your heart! I hate you have to work sick! Please gargle more with salt water. It really draws out the infection. Hot green tea like jasmine is good too! I'm praying for you both! Kiss King