Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nothing too exciting but graphic info on hubby's sickness

Well, Jeremy has been home from work all week. We finally took him into the ER yesterday. He decided that he needed to be seen. Men! They always fear the doctor for some reason. Anyway, the doc diagnosed him with internal hemmorhoids (Sp) with hemmoriging. We don't feel exactly satisfied with that diagnosis though, bc it took the med student all of maybe 10 mins to diagnose it. He stuck his finger up there, swiped it on this card that would determine blood in the stool and that was that. To us, the hemmoroids don't explain the fever he had on Sunday. And the symptoms he has could also be other things such as inflammatory bowel syndrom, crohn's disease, colon problems including colon cancer, etc. So, I called this morning and he goes into our family doctor tomorrow at 1040. I know Hemmoroids can be bad...although ive never had them myself. But, i just can't imagine them causing this level of discomfort and pain...not to mention the fever and excessive blood and mucus in his stool. Not to be too gross, but when he has a "BM" its all blood and mucus and no feces. It just doesn't seem like hemmoroids would cause all that. If anyone knows different, lemme know.

His being home has helped out with my job though. I got called into work today..i go in at 230 and work until 11. So, this way, I don't have to worry about a ride or a babysitter. I also was put on the schedule for saturday. I am feeling special...lol. NO, but these hours are gonna add up. I still don't know when i get paid or how often i get paid though. I have to ask that when i go in today.

And if anyone remembers me talking about the vacation to TN..im not going now. I didn't want to have ot ask for a week off work right off the bat and I also don't have the extra money for a new bathingsuit and clothes. I have one pair of shorts that fit me right now. So, I am gonna pass this time. They go every year, so maybe next year I will go. I will definitely be in a better spot financially, now that I have a job.

Well, It is time for me to hit the shower so i can be ready for work! Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Julie Q said...

You are right to get your hubby rechecked. No doubt about it. That does not sound right at all.

Woo hoo for all the hours! :) Hopefully you will get paid weekly, then you will get a check sooner. ;) I used to love pay day! In fact, it's the only part I miss about my old job.

I hope it continues to go well for you. :) A hot bath and 800 mg of ibuprophen are great pain killers.

:)

Laclos said...

Read your entry and had to lie down! I'm naturally squemish.
Actually you may have a point about us men... I've been needing to see the doctor about something but I'm waiting untill I'm fit enough to show there is nothing to worry about. Makes sense, right?

JEFFY said...

I know about hemorroids. I was real sick in a Houston Texas airport suddenly. I was on my way to a ship. I spiked a 105 temp and started hemorrhaging rectally. Paramedics picked me up. I managed to get hold of a friend in Wyoming and she called Yann. He rented a private plane and lined up surgery for me. I started receiving IV's in a hospital in Houston. They packed my rectum. But Yann insisted on taking me out of the USA hospital and took back to Paris. I went into surgery as soon as I got to France. I was ok in a few days. I know the pain and misery of hemorroids. I was so glad to have it over and I have felt good down there since. So It's good he's getting the medical attention he's getting. God bless him and you and your family. Kiss King
I so glad to have the surgery!

The other me said...

glad your huby is getting himself checked, sounds horrible! Work is going great for you! I bet they are impressed with how quickly you are settling in!