Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I got a Job!!!!!

I am quite happy to say that I got the job! Well, i didn't get the job i interviewed for (courtesy clerk), but I got a cashier job...better yet! That's what I originally wanted, but she had said she only had a spot for courtesy clerk. But, after interviewing me (actually, while interviewing me) she said that she realizes it would be a waste of time to train me as a courtesy clerk when she already knows she wants me on register. She said that I have a friendly personality and strong customer service skills and I belong at the registers having more one on one contact with the customers! Boy, is she good! So, in the course of the interview, I got a .15 raise...lol. I can't beleive they pay courtesy clerks less money! But, im not complaining. I just know that the courtesy clerks have to gather carts, bag groceries, clean bathrooms, break room, bottle return rooms (eeewwww). I go saturday for training and to fill out all the paperwork. Then she will put me on the schedule! Because it's a union job, the higher seniority workers will get the day shifts mostly, so i will be doing more nights and weekends, which works out best for babysitter and car situation!
woohoo!!!!

Now, lets just hope this house deal goes well! I don't think I posted yet, but we got an approval with conditions. the condition being that they wanted one more tradeline. It didn't matter if i opened the same day..just had to have one more. So i had to go online and apply for a credit card...hopefully we will get approved then we will be back to looking for houses, find one and close! End of that chapter! Hopefully it goes that well. I shall know in 7-10 biz days if we got approved for the c. card, which of course, will be closed out as soon as we close on our house...lol.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you got the job you wanted! Besides, collecting carts and cleaning bathrooms, well, yuck. ;)

Cashiers usually get paid more. They have more responsibility with checking IDs, bagging their own groceries at times, and well, all that money! I always hated cashiering for those reasons. ;) I liked my nice little safe cosmetics area at Meijer.

Anyway, good luck with everything! Crossing my fingers for you on the loan process!

JEFFY said...

You have a wonderful, precious personality! You're a people person, and so personable! Bless your heart. I know you will enjoy! I really wish I could work. I feel useless sometimes. I wish I could be more like a regular person in this world. Besides my children, and Hans and kids Mama.I'm fast becoming a hermit! I always had a cajun/ french/jamacian/urban-black accent and was hard to make myself understood. Then I had the small stroke last year and speech therapy has been unsuccessful. I'm not paralized and my mouth dont hang open, but well... I'm just not a good patient and not too cooperative, and I just dont try to talk anymore. I really wanted to work in the Gulf of Mexico oil fields as a little ole diver, but my "parents" wouldnt let me. But anyway, I'm envious of you, and you will do a wonderful job. People will be touched by your presence and efforts. Love ya! Kiss, King