Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

Grrrr...i had a beautiful post and somehow lost it. Anyway, in honor of Father's Day, I was going to write some of the fond memories I have of my dad.

I remember him making me fun shaped pancakes when i was a lil tot
He always tucked us in at night and I couldn't sleep until he had
I remember when he wrote me a letter during my teen years. We had been butting heads bc we are so much alike and he wrote the letter to tell me that he felt he was losing his little girl and knew he would have to eventually let go. It was a very emotional letter. I saved it and still have it.
I remember popcorn with melted cheese on it. Mom used to hate this..it was a waste of cheese in her opinion. But, we would eat popcorn and watch tv
I remember dancing with my dad at my best friend's wedding to Holly Dunn's Daddy's Hands. We tore up the dance floor! I felt like such a princess! That song reminds me so much of my dad! And it sums up everything I can say!!!!!

Artist/Band: Dunn Holly
Lyrics for Song: Daddy's Hands
Lyrics for Album: Holly Dunn - Milestones: Greatest Hits

I remember Daddy´s hands, folded silently in prayer.
And reaching out to hold me, when I had a nightmare.
You could read quite a story, in the callouses and lines.
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.
I remember Daddy´s hands, how they held my Mama tight,
And patted my back, for something done right.
There are things that I´ve forgotten, that I loved about the man,
But I´ll always remember the love in Daddy´s hands.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle
But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.

I remember Daddy´s hands, working 'til they bled.
Sacrificed unselfishly, just to keep us all fed.
If I could do things over, I´d live my life again.
And never take for granted the love in Daddy´s hands.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle
But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle
But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love .....
In Daddy´s hands.

Happy Father's Day Daddy, from your little girl!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, Christina, you have touched that emotional wellspring in me, i love the blog about your dad!! I love you, too.

Julie Q said...

Aw, how sweet. I so wish I would have that kind of Dad. Such lovely memories you have. :)