Thursday, June 01, 2006

Nothing Exciting

I know...so why bother reading right? My dad was spent (well afternoon) at the WIC office for recertification! What a long trip, especially when I am by myself with an obstinant 3 yr old and determined 1 yr old. He wanted to run off, she wanted, hell, i don't know what she wanted. LOL. I wanted a stiff drink! But, we survived and Im here to tell about it. The worst part was in the grocery store. Makenneh threw some kind of huge fit bc she wanted to ride in the cart. Well, I just had to listen to the nutritionist at WIC lecture about her weight. She does need the exercise and there is no reason for her to ride in the back of hte cart. Not to mention, I will no sooner put her back there and she wants out and she isn't light! I have to take her back the end of July for a weight check. Hopefully we can get her weight to slow down. I just don't get it. She eats no worse then the next kid and is just as active, if not more so than the next kid. I did tell Jeremy that the junk food has to stop. HE is a junk food junkie and well, he can afford to be. He is 6'1" and like 180lbs. HE can eat anything and everything and not gain a pound. Of course, I would hate to see what his arteries look like. To tell you how bad he is, they call him Cholesterol King at work! So, really, we all need to eat better around here! I surely don't want to be widowed at 40! I've been inspired by Helen and her journey to a healthier lifestyle. Reading her raves on the healthy, yet delicious foods she eats, while losing weight sounds like a plan to me! And just my luck, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are on sale this week! Hmmmm..think we need to stock up. I really don't care for chicken, but im going to learn to like it. I should ask mom for a George Foremen (or similar) grill for my bday! As if I really have the counter space, but hey...i could spare a junk pile, im sure.

Anyway, Sebastian is pretty much right on for height/weight. 60-70%ile. Kenneh's height is at the very top of the chart and her weight is well, off the chart.

My sunburn is peeling and my back and shoulders are sooo itchy i can't stand it. I usually take a hair brush to it, bc its mostly in spots I can't reach. Sometimes I feel the urge to roll around on the floor like dogs do when they are trying to scratch their backs (or whatever it is they are doig when they lay on the backs squirming all around).

Today, the temps were actually more reasonable. I didn't have to turn the air on and I didn't sweat to death just sitting down. It seemed nice. Of course, today I got to drive my brother's car, which has air. I was torn between using the air or using the sunroof! I mean, how sporty is that? I have a family sedan with 4 doors and the air doesn't work. So, it was a big toss up. In the end, the air won. And getting the kids in and out of his 2 door wasn't as bad as I thought, either. now that they are both a bit bigger and can help..it's not so bad. I hated having the 2 door when kenneh was little. It is so hard to climb into the back of a 2 door to strap a kid in...especially when ur overweight. But, I always managed when I had to. Still don't think I would ever choose to own a 2 door though with kids.

Ok, im just rambling. who really cares about 2 doors and 4 doors. LOL. I think I will stop now before I bore you all to tears!

5 comments:

Julie Q said...

I do I do! :) I wish our minivan had two sliding doors instead of just one! Ah, the next one right? ;)

WIC is a wonderful thing. Sometimes the nurses are a bit too much to listen to at times.

And yes, men can eat much more junk food that women or children. Some things in life are not fair.

My Hanna still has weight issues and I wish she didn't.

Take care.

JEFFY said...

I care! I care! Late commenting due to blogger yesterday! So men can eat more junk food than women? I've gained my weight back since last year. I had lost too much after my sugery! But I gotta watch my weight now! God I have to wrok harder, exercise more. I hate exercise when Im doing it! But actually I always pumped irpn and was glad to start doing it once again. Kiss King

Laclos said...

Nice interesting green lettered chaos site. Liked Winnie the poe as well. Just dropped by to say "hi" ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»